32. the silver bullet

|I Am Dust- Gary Newman|

My lungs were having trouble breathing due to the fact that I'm standing right here in front of the scariest man alive. To me, at least. My breathing was becoming heavy, and my heart was physically and emotionally hurting. I may have been covered in blood and sweat, and my hands were shaking almost uncontrollably, but I was here. On time.

It felt empowering having a weapon against the back of Steven's head because then he seemed stuck. I've waited so long for this moment. He dropped his weapon on the ground and lifted both his hands up in surrender.

"You're here." he chuckled in amusement.

"Damn right I am, it's over Steven, let him go." I growled.

"Yeah, it's over, alright, always coming to the rescue for a human, isn't it." he said so calmly.

I wanted to fight back with his snark of a comment, but I didn't want him to get a rise out of me in case he were to use it against me somehow.

"But there is one thing you missed." he commented. Within a second, he turned and slapped the gun out of my hand and punched me before I could even react. It all happened so fast that my vision seemed to skip what I've seen.

I collapsed on the ground, face hitting the cement hard before lifting my head up to spit up blood. In my defense, I swung my arm behind me and punched him as hard as I could, causing him to fall back, knocking him out cold. I stood up, almost falling back, but managed to stand and wipe the blood off my mouth.

My back was aching, and I'm still trying to recover from the accident I was just in. My back seemed stiff. I stretched my arms over my head before popping my back to relieve some of the tension. I turned to see that Adrian was wounded. Severely. The sight of him instantly broke me. He was tied to chains above the ceiling while his body hung down, completely weak.

The scene made my heart heavy with aches, and it was horrible of me to bring him into this.

Instantly, without a second thought, I rushed to him, looking at the wounds that Steven had caused. I noticed a severe burn that was starting to get infected as well, bruises forming on his face. I look to see that there was a tube injected into his arm as my eyes traveled to see that his blood was slowly being drawn out and drip into a bucket. Steven was draining him out, killing him slowly.

"Your truck exploded, by the way, so you can't get mad at now." I blurted when I yanked the needle from his arm, quickly tearing a large piece of fabric from my shirt before wrapping his arm tightly to stop the bleeding.

"Adrian.." I whispered as I tried to gently tap on the side of his face. It didn't take long when his faded green eyes started to open.

"Kris, you're alive." he whimpered before slightly closing his eyes back again. "And I hated that truck anyway." He added, trying to lighten the mood.

In a rush, I was able to break the chains that were cutting the circulation of his wrists. I noticed how purple they were. Once they came undone, Adrian's body completely went limp, so I had to catch him in my arms. He groaned in pain before we eventually got down to the floor. He was too weak to even stand on his own. The color of his skin completely paled, and a shade of purple was starting to form under his eyes.

"Kris." he leaned against me, his arms draped over me as if he's almost paralyzed. "I'm so sorry for everything." He pulled away to look at me.

The memory of Adrian in his lycan form erupted my thoughts, and I felt terrified again. That night was horrific to me, but I have to remember that it's not Adrian's fault for what he is.