Part 1

2 years ago

"We'll Miss Connor I have the results from the tests and you're in fact pregnant not sick"

"Pregnant?"

"Yes, congratulations. If you make an appointment at reception for a check up you should be able to get one soon hopefully"

I leave making an appointment on the way out, a week Thursday. This is the best news ever I can't wait to tell Michael.

Home
"I'm home" I call as I place my keys in the bowl

"Michael? Are you home?"

Strange, he didn't say he was going out today. I'll just have to tell him the news later. I go to the kitchen and make myself a drink then I see a piece of paper on the table so I take a seat and unfold it.

Issy,

I'm so sorry to be doing this but it needs to be done. I'm breaking up with you, the album is going to be big I just know it. I need to focus on becoming a singer. I love you, I really do but I need us to not be together in order to achieve my goals.

The apartment is yours, I transferred money to your account so you can afford the bills for the next year at least.

You've been the best part of my life and always will, hopefully we'll see each other again and will try again.

Michael

I wipe my eyes and rip the letter up, how dare he! I gave up everything for him and this is what I get in return. I supported him, why does being a singer require being single? Many many singers are married with kids and yet they're still big in the music world.

Kids.

I place my hands on my stomach and even more tears escape. "It's going to be ok munchkin, Mommy loves you so much and I promise to try my best at making everything ok. We'll be fine, I promise"