Part 38

5 months later
I give Summer her drink then I go to the bedroom and get George taking him downstairs. I see one of the cleaners quickly hide the newspaper behind her back which makes no sense but I shrug it off and continue with what I'm doing.

Speaking of the newspaper again, all morning the staff have been reading it but hiding it when I enter the room or walk pass. What's in it? Is it a picture of George?

I walk over to Joe and stand in front of him "what's in the paper that I can't see?"

"Nothing"

"Pfft yeah right" I grab the paper from behind it and open it up

I wish I didn't now. I think I would've preferred to see a photo of George than seeing Michael on stage kissing his back up dancer. I hand the paper back to him and walk off upstairs grabbing my suitcases.

"Summer come here please"

"Yeah? Are we going away?"

"We're staying at Kate's for a while, go and pack your case with clothes and a backpack with toys please"

She nods ok and skips off, I pack mine and George's stuff and I pack the car up

"Issy, you can't leave" Joe speaks approaching me

"Watch me"

"I doubt it's what it looks like"

"It's exactly  what it it looks like, now leave me alone please"

"Ok fine, but please say where you're going"

"No can do, you'll tell Michael"

He sighs and walks off, I get the kids in the car then I get in myself and drive off.

Kate's House
"Are you sure?" Kate asks

"Yes. How could he Kate? After everything we've been through. How can he put the kids through it?"

She hugs me and I just let it out

"Mom George is crying" Summer calls from the other room

I wipe my eyes and get up going to pick George up and stop him from crying

"Why are you crying?" Summer asks

"It's nothing"

"I saw the magazine"

"You did?"

"It was on the counter when I was getting a drink"

"Oh"

"Why is he so stupid?"

"I don't know sweetheart."

"Is this going to be the same as what happened with Lisa?"

"You remember that?"

"Yes"

Wow, kids really do remember more than you think they do "no it won't, I will not let it be a repeat of that"

"But what about George? He's going to miss out on him just like he did with me. That isn't fair Mom"

"I know sweetheart, nothing can be done until he's back from tour."

"Fine, But I'm not happy about it"

"I'm not either"

Time skip
"Shut up and listen to me"

I go downstairs hearing Summer yelling not knowing what the hell is going on.

"Michael Jackson the King of Pop, more like the king of liars"

I walk into the room seeing her on the phone, I'm assuming it's to Michael.

"I don't believe you. You hurt us, including Georgie. You're stupid. Boys are stupid and I hate them. I hope George doesn't turn out like you because if he ever lies and hurt a woman I will slap him so hard. You're lucky I can't slap you Michael."

"No, I'm too hurt to hear it"

"Goodbye Michael"

She puts the phone down and punches a pillow before burying her head in it

"Summer" I groan as I sit by her "why did you do that?"

"I was angry" she mumbles into the pillow

"You shouldn't of spoken to your father like that. It wasn't nice and it was quite hurtful"

"He hurt you though"

"Still doesn't mean you should get involved"

"I'm sorry"

"Go to bed please and no touching phones"

She gets up and goes back upstairs.

"Kids" Kate chuckles walking in and sitting next to me

"Where did she even get his number? How have she suddenly been able to be so hurtful with words?"

"She's growing up. Kids do. I said worse to my parents when I was growing up"

"I should phone hi, but I can't hear his voice because I'll break. I miss him so much Kate"

"I know you do, you need to wait for him to come home. This can't be fixed over the phone. It has to be in person"

"I know, what if it's true? They could grow closer on the tour"

"If Michael is as faithful as he makes out he is then nothing will happen"

"I hope you're right"

Time skip
I look at the missed call and sigh. I can't face it, honestly I'm scared to face him. I'm scared that he's with that backup dancer.

Summer grew to regret her 2am phone call to him, sadly he isn't agreeing to seeing her, I think he's scared that she's still angry and wants to come to slap him.

This whole thing is just a mess. George is one soon, it's ridiculous and needs to be sorted.

I answer the door seeing Janet stood there, I let her in and we go to the dining room.

"Michael misses you"

"I miss him too"

"He pushed her away, Frank will tell you the same. After that show he was a wreck. He refused to leave his bedroom to go to the next location. I had to call him to make him go."

"You're not lying to me?"

"No, I'd never lie to you. You've always been my favourite out of them all. I was furious when I found out what happened."

"But he's not letting Summer see him"

"He's scared to be slapped by her, she's little but she's powerful that's for sure"

"She wants to see him to say sorry."

"I will tell him that, it's George's birthday next week. Please fix it with Michael. You two are strong I know you guys are"

"I will" I smile and hug her