Part 28

2 months later
"Mommy I want to see Daddy"

"One more day"

"No I want to see him now"

"Sweetheart you know he's in London"

"He won't ring me, I want my Daddy!" She yells

"I told you he can't ring you because he's in a place to get better"

"You're lying"

"I'm not"

"Yes you are! You're a big meany head" she yells pointing at me then she runs off to her bedroom

She's been like this for the past week, it's hard to explain to a 4 year old that their father is in rehab and can't contact anyone. I've been speaking to Frank to get updates and apparently he's doing well and is getting released today, yesterday. Whatever it is when you convert the time zone. All I know is he'll be back in the country tomorrow.

Everyday she asks for Michael and reacts the same, yelling calling me a big meany head then storms off to her room. In about 20mins she'll come back saying sorry and she loves me, then she'll cry and say how much Michael doesn't love her because he won't call her. It hurts a lot seeing her like this but there's nothing I can do to make it different and today is the last day of it anyway.

20mins later
I hear little footsteps making their way closer to the room, Summer appears in front of me and climbs onto my lap. "I'm sorry Mommy"

See told you, I cuddle her kissing her head "it's ok baby"

"Daddy doesn't love me anymore"

"Yes he does, I promise you'll see him tomorrow"

"But he haven't called me"

"He told you when he last called he won't be because he's going to a special place and that he loves you very much. Now come on dry those tears because you got ballet in an hour"

"Can you do my bun?"

"Of course I can"

She smiles and runs off to her room to get ready. I go to the kitchen and grab her apple and bottle of water then I shove them in my bag and help her get ready.

"I can't wait to show Daddy my new spin" she smiles as she spins around

I smile back and grab my bag and keys then we leave.

Next Day
I spoke to Frank earlier and apparently Michael will be around at noon so I decided to keep quiet and let it be a surprise for Summer. She's currently in her room playing or making a mess as I like to call it whilst I'm tidying her mess in the living room.

I hear the doorbell ring just after I've finished so I go to answer it finding Michael stood there.

"Hey, come in. How are you?"

"Thanks, I'm a lot better. Yourself?"

"I'm good"

"How has Summer been?"

"A mess. She didn't understand the fact you couldn't call her so she regularly got upset and became difficult to deal with"

He frowns a bit then walks into the living room "how's her ballet going?"

"Great, she's learned new stuff which I'm sure she's going to make you watch" I chuckle

He smiles letting out a slight chuckle.

"Mommy can I have a sand-DADDY"

Summer speaks then cuts herself off when she notices Michael stood there

"You're back" she cheers jumping into his arms

"Yeah and I'm back for a long time" he smiles as he catches her

They're so damn cute together. Michael has been through a lot, the only things that make him truly happy is being on stage and with Summer. His smile is completely different, you can just see he's truly happy around them.

I show Michael where everything is then I say bye to them both and leave as I have work so Michael agreed to look after Summer for me.

I just hope Michael don't put himself back to where he was, he's somewhat different now.