Part 20

3 months later
I was tidying up when James get home from studio so I go over and greet him.

"Hey, Summer left her elephant in the car"

"Shoot, I'll have to take it over there she can't sleep without it."

"Ok, you go I'll start dinner" he smiles and kisses me

"Sounds like a plan, don't burn my place down" I chuckle grabbing my keys and the elephant.

In the last 3 months James has moved in with me and we're getting along even better. Summer still doesn't like Becky and I struggle getting her to go to Michael's although he still doesn't believe me when I tell him so I gave up telling him. He won't listen when I say I don't want her around Summer so I just have to live with it I guess. They're getting married soon so I can't stop her from being there when Summer is.

I arrive at Michael's hearing shouting inside so I just walk in because my daughter is in there and I highly doubt if I knocked anyone would hear. I follow the noise and find Michael holding a crying summer.

"How dare you! You never hit a child especially my child. Issy was right and I didn't believe her. We're over. I want you to pack your things and go"

"YOU HIT MY DAUGHTER?" I yell

"Mommy" Summer scrambles down from Michael and runs over to me I kneel down and hug her tightly

"Where did she hit you baby?"

"My cheek"

I look at her cheek and it's a little red but no bruise forming otherwise if there was I would've killed Becky.

"How dare you hit my daughter. She's a little girl, what did she do to deserve that?" I ask Becky

She doesn't respond

"I didn't eat Mac n cheese" Summer says quietly whilst still hugging me

I stand up, picking Summer up and holding her on my hip

"Why are you still standing there? Go and pack I want you gone in an hour max, whatever you don't have packed will go in the trash" Michael speaks

She turns and quickly leaves the room, Michael looks at me and slowly walks over

"I'm so sorry Issy"

"You didn't believe me, as a result it got way out of hand"

"I know and I'm sorry"

"How many more times are you going to hurt me Michael? I told you I didn't want her near my daughter and you ignored me"

"Come on sweetheart" I kiss Summer's head and leave

"But it's Daddy's weekend"

I stop and look at her "do you want to stay?"

"Daddy is upset, when Becky leaves he will be alone"

"I'll be fine, if you want to go with Mommy you can" Michael says through tears as he comes over to us

"I want you" she reaches her arms to him so I hand her over

My heart breaks as I watch them hug each other tightly, I've never seen Michael cry. Yes I'm very upset and angry with Becky hurting Summer and I wanted her out the picture but I didn't want Michael to be hurt in the process.

Funny how time changes people, if this was at the beginning I wouldn't of been this way. I would've thought karma did its job because I wanted Michael to hurt like I did but now it's happened. I don't like it.