Part 33

"Summer you promised not to mess your room up. Mommy and Daddy spent a lot of time decorating and making your new room nice and pretty"

"I'm sorry, I don't know how it got so messy"

"Tidy it up please"

She nods ok and begins putting her toys away, I go downstairs and make a start on lunch, tacos Tuesday it is.

"Hey, I'm home. Where's Summer? She likes making tacos" Michael smiles wrapping his arms around me from behind and kisses my cheek

"Tidying up what used to be her bedroom" I laugh turning around staying in his arms and I kiss him properly on the lips

"She made a mess already?"

"Yeah, God knows how"

So let me catch you up on what's happened since Summer's birthday. We spent more time together as a family as Summer was stating to drift away and the school recommended it. Me and Michael grown closer and eventually he took me on a date and we got back together on New Years. Around mid February me and Summer moved in with him to which she loved and was over the moon about.

Work has been going great and life in general have been going great. It's now currently October and we're hosting a family day which is going to be a Halloween party as it falls on Halloween. Which happens to be tomorrow.

"I changed my mind, I think Summer should be told tonight. Not find out the same time as everyone else. She may be upset over it"

"I was thinking the same thing too"  I nod in agreement

Time skip
"You know how Lizzie in school has older brother and sisters?" I ask

"Yes"

"Well you're going to be a big sister"

"To what?"

"Your little brother" Michael smiles

"So I won't be the only kid?"

"That's correct, but you'll still be the princess"

"No, send him back I don't want a brother"

"Sweetie it doesn't work like that" Michael explains

"I don't care, I don't want a baby brother or a sister so don't think about changing him for a girl cause I don't want either"

She gets up and storms off, slamming the door shut, stamping up the stairs then we faintly hear her door being slammed shut.

"Well then, with that reaction I'm glad we told her now" I shrug getting up

"She'll get over it soon. I did" Michael smiles

"Well I hope she'll be more optimistic about it soon"

"She will get used to the fact. Come on let's go and eat cause I'm so hungry"

"You're always hungry" I laugh as we walk into the kitchen and begin to make a sandwich.

The rest of the day goes by in silence as Summer is being a drama queen and refusing to leave her room. I'm not going to try and coax her out she will come out when she's ready, probably within the next hour as dinner will be ready soon. I just hope she will accept her baby brother soon. I've heard stories of older siblings not accepting a new sibling and even after birth parenting is still hard when the new baby not being fully accepted.