Part 19

Michael's POV;
I put the phone down and let the tears escape, my little girl is upset and I'm the reason for it.

"Michael, you got rehearsal" Mother calls whilst knocking on the door

"I'm skipping it today"

"Why?" She comes in and takes a seat by me

"Summer is upset, she doesn't want to be at the wedding and believes I love Becky more than her"

"Summer is only 3 and don't understand the situation"

"Why would she say the things she says about Becky though?"

"I don't know Michael, you need to focus on your life you're getting married"

"I know, I want my little girl there though"

"Give her chance and she will. But Michael, if you're going to move on you need to get over Issy"

"I am"

"Deep down you're not" She kisses my cheek and leaves.

I am over her, when I wrote that letter my heart was breaking even more. She was meant to stay in the apartment. When I went back to find she left I was broken, my life was over. I lost the love of my life all because I let someone blackmail me. And look where me not being a man got me, I missed out 2 years of Summer's life. This whole situation is just a mess, Issy has moved on and got another guy so I don't have a chance now. We can't be together and allow Summer to have a family as we're both dating someone else, me being engaged.

1 Month later
I got a few days off so I've come home to see Summer, I answer the door and let Issy and Summer in. I take the bag off Issy and place it on the counter.

"How has she been?"

"She's been great, Matt has taught her the basics of drumming" she smiles

"That's good, has she mentioned anything about the wedding?"

"No, you're probably best not to mention it to her. She's little and doesn't understand what's going on. Just be a Dad to her, don't make her have to think about things that's unnecessary."

"I know what I'm doing"

She rolls her eyes and walks off to go and say bye to Summer, that eye roll. So attractive. Wait, what am I thinking? I shouldn't be thinking this.

"Daddy, can Mommy see the ducks?"

"If she wants to" I smile

Issy nods yes so we go outside to see the ducks bringing bread with us.

Few hours later
Issy left about 20mins ago, I must admit it really was a nice day just the 3 of us. I pull the pizza out the oven cutting it up then I take our plates into the living room.

"Summer? What's wrong sweetheart?"

"I want you and Mommy to live together like my friends at school Mommy and Daddies do"

"Sweetheart" I sigh and pull her onto my lap "sometimes things happens in life and people can't live together anymore. Your friends parents love each other and are probably married. Me and your mother don't love each other anymore but doesn't mean that we don't love you because we both love you so much. I know you want us to live together as a family but we can't because I'm with Becky and Mommy is with James, you got two families now and I know it seems hard and not what you want but it can be a good thing. Think of all the extra presents you get and all the extra family time visiting places"

"It's not the same as it was today"

"I know"

I cuddle her and kiss her head, I wish I could make my little girl's wish come true but Issy is with James and they seem happy together. I can't break Issy's happiness again.