Part 31

There's some parents evening at the school today which is a month earlier than normal which had to just fall on a day I'm working. Schools love to make life more complicated I swear. Summer is turning 5 soon which is scary, my little girl is growing up.

I finish my photo shoot then I get changed into my clothes and head to the school.

"Mummy" Summer smiles jumping off Michael's lap and running over to me

"Hey you, how was school?" I ask picking her up

"It was good, I did a drawing of a Fairy kingdom and won a sticker for it being the best"

"Wow, well done" I smile kissing her head "hey, how are you?" I ask as I now reach Michael"

"I'm good, yourself?"

"Yeah I'm good too"

He smiles and the teacher arrives, Summer goes to the other side of the classroom to play with some play dough and things whilst me and Michael take a seat at the desk.

"I'm glad you could both make it, so let's get started." Miss Wilson smiles

"Summer has been doing great, she's improved a lot since last year. Very intelligent for her age especially in English and art. Her story for creative writing week was brilliant, something you'd except a grade 10 to come up with."

"She is passionate about stories" Michael smiles

"Which is great I encourage you keep her interested in it, read to her instead of movies as much as possible. I believe she can do great things in the future, she mentioned wanting to be a writer"

"She mentioned it to me the other week. She wants to sell books and have them turned into movies" I speak

"I believe she'll be able to do it if she stick to her guns"

We talk about everything that needs to be discussed then we leave, Summer bringing her drawing with her. We go to a restaurant out of town promising Summer that she can have ice cream for dessert for doing well in her school report.

"There's a trip coming up in school, can I go?" She asks

"What is it?" I ask

"A visit to the library, an author is going to be there. She wrote that one with the pigs I like"

"When the letter get sent home about it we'll see"

"You can go" Michael smiles

"Michael!" I whisper yell

"What?"

"You can't do that, what if it's a day where she's busy after school? You can't go making this decision when you don't know the details or even consulted it with me"

"It's to improve her writing mind, it will help her."

"Next time you wait and we discuss it. Don't go against me again" I warn then watch Summer happily eat her ice cream.

I swear Michael is the most annoying person on times.