Part 24

1 Month later
To say I hate myself is an understatement. I full on cheated on James and I don't know why. I just feel this connection with him and when I'm around him all my feelings come back, he broke my heart yet I can't stop them.

"What's wrong? You haven't ordered a glass of wine" Kate speaks as she digs into her food

"I'm late"

"For?"

"Mother Nature"

"Oh. Have you told James?"

"If I'm pregnant it's only a 50% chance it's his"

"What do you mean?" Her face goes pale as she realises "who?"

"Michael" I sigh looking down at my food which I'm not actually hungry for

"Bell" she sighs "why, how and when?"

"His family day thing I went to, just like the kiss I don't know how it happened. Why does it bring back feelings?"

"I like James, you know I do and I hate to say it but I think you still deep down love Michael"

"I know deep down I'll never be able to stop old feelings coming back but he hurt me Kate, he really did and I'm scared to get hurt again by him. I'm scared he's going to hurt Summer"

"I know it's hard but I'll help you through it. So let's finish our food and we'll go and see if you're pregnant or not then we'll take it from there"

Late Afternoon
"What does it say?'

"I don't know, I can't look. You do it"

She nods ok and walks over to the sink. "Negative"

I sigh in relief, a whole weight have just been lifted off my shoulders.

"Good, I can't be dealing with who's the daddy situation"

"It could be wrong"

"If Mother Nature haven't arrived within the next week I'll see a doctor. You know it can be late for other reasons than being pregnant"

"True, you have been stressed lately which could cause it to be late"

"Yeah, exactly."

"Well now this is out the way shall we continue our girls day?"

"Of course, which movie?"

"Dirty Dancing?"

"Nah, no romantics"

"Carrie?"

"Sure, I'll get the drinks and popcorn and you can put the movie on ready"

"Deal" she smiles walking off to the living room.

I dispose of the test and wash my hands again then I grab a bag of pre popped popcorn along with two glasses and a bottle of wine.