Part 39

I'm going to face Michael again today which means my baby boy is one

"George come on you can't wear that to your party"

He shakes his head no and crawls off out the room quickly

"Where are you going mister" Summer laughs picking him up walking back into the room

"He won't get change" I smile

"It's a little cold out there so let him stay in it, besides it is his birthday"

"Alright, are you all ready?"

"Yeah, I've helped Kate pack the car too so we're all set ready to go"

I nod ok and grab my phone then we leave. Nervous doesn't begin to describe how I'm feeling.  I'm excited to see him as I've missed him like crazy but I feel like a complete idiot for believing the magazines.

"Look George" I smile showing him the decorations

He smiles and points at different things, Cat in the Hat is his favourite thing at the moment so that's the theme we're having this year.

"Dad" Summer yells

I turn around and find her now at the entrance hugging Michael

"Hey, it will be fine. I promise" Lola smiles and gives me a side hug

"Thanks" I smile and walk over to a corner hidden behind all the presents but still in sight of everyone. I don't want a scene.

"Hey" Michael speaks coming to a stand still

"Hi"

"Can I hold him?"

"Sure"

He takes George off me and hugs him "I've missed you so much" he whispers before kissing his head

What makes it worse is the fact he actually has tears.

"I'm so sorry" I finally speak

"No, I understand why you did it. I would've done the same"

"I shouldn't of left, I stopped you having contact with the kids and that wasn't fair on you"

"I promise I pushed her away"

"I know you did, well I didn't until last month"

"I can't loose you Issy, I love you so damn much"

"I love you too"

He uses his free arm and pulls me closer then places his lips on mine

"Eww gross, my eyes. Poor George's eyes" Summer speaks pushing us apart

I chuckle ruffle her hair

"Does this mean we're going back home now?"

"Yeah" we both reply

She smiles and hugs us both.

"George come and see what Jermaine got you" she says whilst taking George from Michael.

"I'm sorry for Summer phone call with you"

"Did Janet say why I refused to see her?"

"Yes, she's a kid Michael and you're scared of her"

"Hey I taught her self defence, I know she can give a good slap"

I let out a laugh and wrap my arms around his neck as I kiss him putting all my love into it.

He kisses back wrapping his arms around my waist

"You guys are too cute" we hear after a flash going off

I pull away and see Janet stood there smiling with a camera.

"Remember George is one, still too early for more babies" she winks and walks off

"That girl" Michael mutters

"I've missed you"

"I missed you too" he smiles and kisses me one more time

Time skip
"George you're meant to like the gift more than the wrapping" I chuckle taking the wrapping paper from him as Michael places another gift in front of him

After all the presents have been opened and George got his way with playing with the gift wrap instead I go to socialise with people as they will be leaving soon.

Once everyone has left I send the children home with Michael as I'm going to stay at Kate's one more night then go back myself tomorrow as it's too late to get all my things now. When me and her get home we decide to have a girls night and crack open a bottle of wine.

"Do you think I'm doing the right thing?" I ask

"About going back home? Absolutely"

"You seriously think that?"

"Yes, you and Michael have been through a lot yet somehow you end up back together. He's going to be more careful now, he saw how easy it is for you to walk away and he won't risk losing you I know he won't. I generally think that it will get better. You can't be considering ending it because you'll regret it"

"I don't want to, I really don't but deep down I'm scared I'll get hurt again"

"But you may not be, you can't spend your life thinking of What ifs. Please give him another chance"

"But if he hurts me again weather it's soon or in many years time I'm walking away and it's the end of the road for us"

"And that's fine, I promise you it will be ok though"

I smile at her and take a sip of my drink, I just hope she's right.