Part 26

1 Week later
I close the door after waving bye to Summer then I walk to the kitchen and clean up the mess from when we made cookies earlier. Half way through the phone begins ringing so I wipe my hands clean  and go over to answer it.

"Hello"

"Hey, it's me"

"James, hi. How's tour?"

"It's good"

"That's good, I'm sorry if this sounds rude but whatever you're calling for please get it over with because you haven't been consistent with staying in contact with me"

"I'm sorry about that the start of tour was really hectic and busy. I'm going to be honest though because you deserve to know. One of our supporting bands have a new merch girl and we get along great. I think I'm starting to like her, I feel so bad because I really do love you and Summer."

"I understand, we both got the total opposite careers. I think we both knew deep down it wouldn't work out."

"I want to be friends though because you're a great girl. I really didn't wanna hurt you"

"You haven't"

"I think you should let Michael have a second chance"

"What do you mean?"

"I see the way he looks at you, he loves you way more than I would want to. He hurt you and I seriously think he regrets it because as a result he missed out the start of Summer's life. She wants and needs both her parents together"

"My turn to be honest, I'm just confused with things. I love you I really do but spending time with Michael again has brought back feelings I can't explain"

"You never stopped loving him, you pushed them aside temporarily and now he's back it's allowed the feelings to come back. Let him have the second chance because you deserve to be happy. If he hurts you again though I won't hesitate to hurt him back 10x more"

I chuckle and smile "thanks, so tell me about this girl. I wanna make sure she's good for you"

"Her name is Lola, she has red hair. Likes the same music as us obviously, she wants to be a photographer in the future and she tells good jokes."

"She sounds nice, she better not hurt you"

He laughs "she won't, well I hope she won't anyway. So can we be friends still?"

"Of course we can, you're not getting rid of me that easily. Besides i need my extra babysitter"

"I want to be the number one babysitter, Summer is such an adorable little girl."

Around 10 minutes later we finish up the conversation and say bye to each other. I stare at the coffee table and sigh. I should be upset, I mean even though it's mutual everyone gets emotional over a breakup right? But here I am feeling, normal. I feel perfectly fine and I feel like me and James will be better at being each other's friend than we would at being a partner.

I look over at the photo of us with Summer and smile, uncle James sounds better than just James.

I decide to go to the bedroom and make a start on clearing out my wardrobe as there's so many clothes I don't wear anymore and can donate to charity.

This is my fresh start in life, time to make the place nice and tidy for this fresh start. Tidy room tidy mind.