Chapter Twenty-Four

Marco swung first.
A quick, sharp right hook to the side of Tom's face, which dazed the redhead for a short spell.
He stumbled back a little, just as he received another merciless blow upside of his head.
Marco relentlessly attacked the rich kid, not letting up for even a second.
Although the Safe Kid hadn't been going to karate practice for a while, he still possessed the power to defeat Tom at the very least!
Marco continued to pummel his arch-enemy with a flurry of kicks and punches, hopefully to knock him into a state of unconsciousness.

'This is weird...Usually, Tom goes down after he takes a couple of hits..." the bruenette thought, as his fist made connection with Tom's jaw, finally making redhead drop onto one knee.
"Well, it looks like this is it... You're in exactly the same position you were in last time when I beat you up at the airport...Why do you keep doing this if you know that you're going to lose? I mean, it isn't my favourite pasttime to fly three hours in some old plane, just so I can come to Mewni to beat you up, Tom..." The Safe Kid said simply, as Tom looked up at him, his face covered in bruises and bleeding red gashes.
"E-Exactly the same?" The redhead parrotted, spitting out some blood from his mouth. "As if! This is far from the same! It's totally different now!"
"Well yeah, I guess it is different; because this time, I'm bringing you in to the authorities myself!"
Marco raised his hand in a karate chop posistion, preparing to strike Tom's pressure point and knock him out.
"You were an idiot to think that this whole plan would work, you know..." the Safe Kid muttered before lunging forwards and knocking his opponent unconsious.

Or at least that was what was suppossed to happen...

A mixture of suprise and confusion spread across Marco's face as he looked at where Tom was a few seconds earlier. He was now standing a good 3 metres away from the bruenette, an almost triumphant look on his face.
"H-How did you..." the Safe Kid began, still bewildererd by his opponent's sudden boost in speed.
"Oh, come on Marco! Did you really think I was doing nothing all this time? I said I was going to humiliate you and for that, I needed some form of power! Karate to be exact!" the redhead grinned.
Before Marco could even say a word, Tom was up in his face, now totally on the offensive.
The Safe Kid put up his hands to try and deflect some of the blows, but it wasn't't very effective, the attacks still hurt considerably and Marco realised that he was being pushed back!
Tom was unforgiving in the way he attacked, stopping the bruenette from finding an opening.
"Come on, Diaz! Fight back! It's what you're good at right?" The rich kid laughed in between punches, wild excitment visible in his eyes. "Otherwise you're gonna lose Star and Sear!"

Tom was completely enjoying this moment. Finally, it was him who was on top, not Marco! The redhead smacked the Safe Kid upside of his head causing the bruenette to stumble backwards, his guard was pratically non-exsistenst now, allowing Tom to do the one thing he'd always wanted to do to Marco Diaz.
"Eat this, Diaz!" He shouted, nailing Marco's jaw with a powerful uppercut, much like the one the Safe Kid had done to him at the airport!
The bruenette squeezed his eyes shut in pain as his brown sneakers left the tiled flooring. His body slammed against the wall, knocking the air straight out of his lungs and the blood right out his mouth.
Everything was begining to get blurry, as Marco realised that he was in a whole heap of trouble, his body felt weak and he was barely capable of picking himself up off of the floor. The Safe Kid felt heavy and sluggish, not to mention that his head was killing him.

"Well, well, well...Looks like the tables have turned, huh Marco?" Tom grined, evilly. "How was the uppercut? Did it taste like defeat or was there so much blood in your mouth that you couldn't taste it?"
Here he was, down on his knees, running on fumes with his opponent looming over him...

'D-Damn...this wasn't supposed to happen...' Marco thought, trying to reserve his energy. 'What am I gonna do?'