Chapter Thirty-Seven-The Final Chapter

"You know something, Marco?" Star smiled dreamily at her brown-haired lover, who sat opposite one another at a small family restaurant, sharing a rather large-looking parfait. "I'm so glad that I got to meet you..."
The Safe Kid smiled and blushed a little, as he took a mouthful of ice-cream; enjoying it's cold, sweet sensation in his mouth.
It was just another casual Sunday and the princess of Mewni and the Safe Kid were killing some time at a small ice-cream parlour, which was tucked away behind other shops on a loud and bustling highstreet.

"Hey...?" Star began, curling a lock of her long, blonde hair around her index finger. "Do you remember the night that we first met?"
"O-Of course...How could I forget about it?" The Safe Kid answered, trying to see if his mind would let him remember a time when he wasn't loving spending every second with Star Butterfly...
"At the time, I was so surprised to see you standing there...But, quite honestly, I never thought that it would turn out like this..."
"M-Me too...I guess love works in mysterious ways, huh?"
Star giggled at Marco's cliche, yet somewhat romantic line as she remembered all of the adventures and experiences she and her lover had gone through together.
It had been one hell of a rollercoaster ride for the two of them, emotionally and physically, but neither of them couldn't have been any happier than they were right now...

Until recently, Star hadn't really considered her future as the princess of Mewni very much at all, but now with Marco by her side; the blonde figured that it was time she stepped up and took responsibility for once.
It wasn't going to be fun.
It wasn't going to be easy.
But if being with Marco had taught her anything at all, it was that if you just accepted the truth rather than trying to run away from it, things were a lot more easier to do...

"Star? You okay? You look a little...perplexed..." Marco pointed out, glancing at his girlfriend's worried expression.
"H-Huh? Oh, I'm fine. Really..." she replied, smiling her signature smile as she tucked in to some more ice-cream.
"Hmm...well, if you say so..."
Suddenly, just as the bruenette went to concentrate on his own portion of chocolate ice-cream, Star pressed her hands onto the table, stood up, leaned over and quickly pecked his soft pair of lips; secretly praying that nobody else (apart from Marco) had seen her do it!

"You had that one coming..." she smiled, as she shuffled over and sat next to her flustered boyfriend and not opposite him.
She gently rested her head against his shoulder, enjoying his fammiliar warmth and smell; leaving Marco totally confused about the situation, but not hating it.
Even over the noise of the other customers in the shop, the cars on the street outside and the extra loud television, the Safe Kid still heard his beautiful girl humming.
It was extremely soothing and relaxing, so much so that he almost didn't recognise the tune...

"That's...'I'm From Another Dimension'..." the bruenette announced, quietly. "That's your song, isn't it Star?"
The humming stopped and was instantly replaced with something even more wonderful...

"No, Marco" Star smiled, her cheeks a fierce red as she looked up at the face she loved so much. "It's our song..."

And that's it!

This StarCo series is now officially over!
It's been a very long journey and I'd like to thank everybody for reading and supporting my work for so long! The Princess I Met On The Internet and Her Song are now the most popular books I have written on Wattpad, period.
I had originally created these books so I had a way of killing time, but before I knew it, I was totally absorbed in them and it became more of a hobby rather than just a way to eat up some hours!

Personally, I just hope that I've created  something good enough for all of you StarCo fanatics out there, if I've done that, then I'm satisfied...
Also, if you've enjoyed these Starco books, then why not check out my other ones too, like Simply Starco and Simply Starco 2?

Anyways, I'm begining to ramble; so I should probably finish this up now...
Thank you all so much for your support and please remember to check out mine and other writer's works as well! :)