Chapter Thirty-Five

"Geez, you gotta stop doing that! You scared the living hell out of me!" Marco exclaimed, as Sear smiled at him in her usual seductive way.
"Oh, sorry about that Marco, I didn't think that I would scare you so much" she replied, simply. "So, what're you doing coming onto Star like this?"
"Like what?"
"How can you even say that? You're practically half-naked! Well, it's not like I'm complaining or anything...This is actually a pretty good view!"
"I-I was trying to lure you out, Sear" Marco explained, blushing fiercely. "I, I mean, we all thought that we'd lost you back in Mewni, so when I saw a glimpse of you a couple of days ago; I knew that I had to try and bring you out"
Sear leaned in close and pressed her soft, pink lips up against Marco's catching him completely off guard. It was only a brief kiss, but the stimulation was more than enough to fry the Safe Kid's brain!
"Thank you for worrying about me..." the blond smiled, planting yet another quick kiss on his nose.
"I-It's okay! Anybody would do t-the same..." Marco managed to get out, now partially thankful that he wasn't wearing his hoodie otherwise he definitely would've overheated!
"Wait...so if you can just disappear and reappear whenever you want, there wasn't really any need for me to do any of this, was there?" The bruenette continued, reality suddenly slapping him in the face.
"Nope!~" Sear replied, poking him, playfully.
"Ugh...I feel like an idiot...I was acting like a jerk to Star, trying to make her do all kinds of things..."
"Well, it's not like it's your fault, Marco. You are a young, healthy guy after all~"
The bruenette chuckled a little at Sear's attempt to make him feel better. He'd almost forgotten that it was almost impossible to be serious around Sear, due to the happy-go-lucky attitude that seemed to be constantly surrounding her.

"Where did I put my hoodie? I better put it back on and apologise to Star..." Marco said, scouring the room his signature piece of clothing.
"Well, I don't know about that..." Sear began, smiling in her usual fashion. "From what I'm picking up, Star seems to be really excited~..."
"W-What? She is?"
"Yeah~ She's been having this kind of undescriable fuzzy feeling ever since she walked through the front door and saw you; she's sort of like a lovesick puppy right now"
"B-But I thought that she was weirded out by the way I was acting before..."
"Apparently not! She's been on edge for a while now. You sure know how to pull on a girl's heartstrings, don't you Marco?~"
"Q-Quit it, Sear...You're making me sound like I'm sort of playboy or something..."

The Safe Kid's thoughts were literally racing past him in a blur, he was finding it pretty difficult to try regain his composure.
Star had actually liked him when he was acting like an idiot before!
But did it really matter all that much? Now that Marco knew that Sear could disappear and reappear whenever she wanted to, his whole plan, in short, was totally pointless...
'Man, I'm such an idiot...' he thought, picking his favourite garment off of the floor and dusting it off.
"Hey! Marco~!" Sear called from across the room. "Over here!"
Just as the bruenette turned towards the direction of the seductive blond's voice, he felt his whole body lurch backwards as the Safe Kid's body hit the hard laminate flooring.
"Make up with Star" Sear said, simply staring into her lover's hazel-coloured eyes.
"W-What?" Marco replied, totally confused by Sear's sudden action.
"Make up with your girlfriend"
"H-How?"
"Easy. I'll help you!~"
"I don't like where this is going..."
"Now, the best way for you to apologise to Star would probably be when both of you are lying down together and you're faces are only inches away from one another's..."
"D-Do you really think that'll work, Sear?"
Star's twin simply shrugged, smiling as usual.
"Honestly, I have no idea! Good luck, Marco!~" she giggled, clinging to the bruenette and kissing his left cheek.

"S-Sear, wait!" The Safe Kid said, but before he knew it, the seductive blond's inviting eyes had been replaced by Star's blue, innocent-looking ones.

"M-Marco...? What happened? W-What's going on? Wait, why are we so close together?!?"

Marco silently made an important mental note to never underestimate Sear's personality switching ability again...