Chapter Thirty-Four

"Thanks for hanging out with me, today, Star!" Janna grinned, as the two fun-loving girl walked up the flight of stairs to Janna's room.
"Hey, it's no problem! But I forget, what did you buy again?" The blond asked, curiously, skipping two steps at a time.
"T-That doesn't matter! Well, this is my stop later, Star and thanks again!"
The princess watched as Janna speed-walked through the brown double doors and down the corridor, clutching her white plastic bag close to her chest.
"Yeah, bye then..." she replied, quietly, sort of surprised that Janna could move so quickly. "Maybe I should've asked Marco to come with us? He's probably bored out of his mind by now..."
Star continued up the stairs alone, humming a random tune, just as a brilliant idea dawned upon her.
"Oh, I know! I'll cook dinner tonight to make up for ditching him! Marco would love that!" She said, aloud, scaling the stairs a little quicker. "Maybe I should make something traditional? Ooooo! Mewni-style Meatloaf sounds good, I'll do that!"

As Star saw the fammiliar numberplate of her shared room, she took out her card key, sliding it through the black electronic lock.
Pushing open the door, the blond princess was met with an empty room and silence, which was completely unusual.
"Hello? Marco? You here?" She asked aloud, closing and locking the door behind her. "Sorry about ditching you earli-"
Star stopped mid-sentence as soon as she saw Marco.
He was strolling around casually, but he wasn't even wearing his usual scarlet hoodie; in fact, the Safe Kid wasn't wearing anything apart from his brown skinny jeans!

"H-Hey Star" the bruenette smiled, trying to seem completely unaware that he wasn't wearing anything on his torso. "What did you get up to?"
"U-Uhm, hi...Marco....Nothing much, I just went shopping with Janna" the blond replied, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "How come you're...well, like this?"
The Safe Kid chuckled, flickin a lock of his brown hair out of his face before answering the princess's question.
"Oh, I was just lifting some weights, you know, thought I'd try and get myself back in shape. No big deall" he replied, pointing to the array of dumbbells that had been strategically placed on the floor to make it seem like Marco had actually lifted something other than his hoodie in the last few minutes.
"R-Right...so how about I cook dinner tonight? You know to make up for leaving you behind?"
"O-Oh yeah, that would be great!"
Still somewhat confused about what the Safe Kid was doing, Star went to pass by Marco, but she accidentally tripped over one of the bruenette's carefully placed dumbbells!

Luckily for the princess of Mewni, Marco managed to catch her in his arms just before she whacked her head off of the floor. (Or one of the weights!)
"T-Thanks..." Star mumbled, as the two lovers noticed that their faces were just inches away from one another's.
"I-It's was no big deal..." Marco replied, still trying to act cool.
"Geez, you're acting weird today, Diaz"
"Am I? I'm p-pretty sure that just being my normal, cool seductive self..."
"Marco! Tell me what's going on, okay? Maybe I can help you with whatever's happening"
The Safe Kid blushed, profousely as he tried to tell Star what he needed her to do.
"Promise you won't get mad or weirded out if I tell you?" He verified, letting Star stand on her own two legs.
"I'm your girlfriend, of course I won't Marco!" she replied, smiling gently. "You can tell me anything"
"Okay then...Star, I'm going to need you to..."

As the Safe Kid looked into the blond's huge, glimmering sapphire eyes, he found himself unable to tell Star what he really wanted to...
But he had to...All of this was for Sear's sake after all!

"Marco?" The princess asked. "You okay?"
"Y-Yeah! I'm good!" The bruenette managed to spit out.
"What did you want to ask me?"
"It's nothing! R-Really!"
"I know you better than that Marco! You wouldn't get half-naked and leave dumbbells lying around for no reason! You can't trick me!"
"I know, but what I want to say just sounds so...weird..."
"C'mon, tell me~"
"I-I can't..."
"Geez! You always were quite indecisive, weren't you?"

Just as Marco was about to apologise to the blond, he noticed that Star's voice had changed considerably...

It had become...very Sear-like...