Chapter Twenty Nine

The stalls and atmosphere during the Mewni festivities were thrilling to say the very least, to be totally honest, the entire celebration reminded Marco of Star; because of all the seemingly infinte energy that the whole country seemed to gain overnight. It was the complete and utter opposite of Echo Creek!
There was a screaming, over-excited flood of teenage girls that followed the Safe Kid almost everywhere he went. Luckily, with the country's two royals (who were next in line for the throne) linking arms with the bruenette; there wasn't really much of a chance for anybody else to enter the already air-sealed tight love triangle
The girls reminded Marco of Sear for several different reasons, but mainly because of their intense passion.

Currently, the trio were sitting on a bench, eating ice-cream cones. Well by eating, it meant that Marco was having a strawberry cone shoved into his face, whilst he was trying to eat his coffee-flavoured one.
Naturally, he took licks of both of the ice-creams, but the Safe Kid couldn't help but notice that Sear wasn't acting like her usual self. She looked strangely subdued and her eyes seemed like they were concentrating on something else other than the melting, ice-cream cone that she was still holding. Sweet, white vanilla flavoured liquid ran all over her hand, but Sear seemed to be in another dimension!
"Sear? You okay?" Marco asked, a little worried. Her behaviour was begining to concern him...she hadn't even tried to do anything even remotely seductive since all three of them had  left the castle earlier!
Strange didn't even begin to explain the bruenette's current situation!

It took a little while for the blond to respond...
"Hm? Y-Yeah, I'm fine..." she replied, smiling. "Oh geez, my ice-cream!"
"You just seem a little distant today..."
"No, trust me...I'm fine, Marco! Really, I am"
"Well, if you say so..."
Star was now sitting quietly, not playfully shoving her frozen desert into the bruenette's face. She locked eyes with her doppelganger for a few seconds before turning away and looking at the ground.

It didn't take a genius to know that the atomsphere was really tense...but before Marco could even begin to ask about what was going on, Sear jumped up and dashed off into the large crowd of  people that were enjoying the joyous celebrations.
"S-Sear? Wait, what's going on?" The Safe Kid asked, completely wrapped in confusion, he faced Star hoping that she could explain the current situation.
"Star? What's going on?" Marco asked, worriedly, as the blond stood up.
"Y-You just wouldn't get it, Marco..." she mumbled, before running off as well, straight back towards the castle.

'What the hell is happening? Why are the both of them acting so strange?' The bruenette asked, torn between which golden-haired girl he should pursue.
Ultimately, Sear worried the bruenette quite a lot, so he decided to chase after her, but it would be quite a challenge trying to find the clone in such big crowds...

Marco didn't know what, but something was most definetly up and from the looks of things, it didn't seem good...

Not at all...