1# First sight

Playlist:

One of these days -Olly Murs

Enchanted-Taylor Swift

Chapter 1 《Edited By: keepfaithmyfriend.》

Daniel

After I woke up, I took a hot shower and went downstairs to prepare breakfast before Delilah could get up.

Delilah is my sister. Well, big sister to be specific. She is 26, and everything I have now. She's my whole life, and I care about her more than anything in the world. Trust me, nothing is better than having a loving sister that will listen to you whenever you need her. Nothing.

We both have these brown eyes and hair which made us look alike, but she looks feminine.

When I reached the kitchen, I started preparing pancakes with blueberry sauce, just as she liked it.

"Good morning Dannie," Delilah murmured sleepily behind me. I turned around to find her still in her PJ's, rubbing her eyes. I strode to her side and kissed her forehead casually.

"Good morning sleepy head." I grinned and went back to the pancakes.

"Those look delectable," Delilah commented while rubbing her tummy. She gazed at the sizzling pan hungrily.

"Oh, they will be. Why don't you go shower until they're finished?"

"Okay." Delilah shot me one last smile before she ran to her room. I shook my head at her and continued cooking.

Just as I finished setting the table, Delilah came running down the steps with a smile. We sat together and started eating.

"Are you going to work today?" I asked after swallowing a bite of pancake.

"Of course, sir," Delilah answered enthusiastically. God, I've never seen someone who loves their work as much as her. She is a pediatrician: you would think having to care for sick people all day would be a nightmare. Apparently, she didn't feel that way.

"Then I'll drop you off at the clinic on my way," I explained. She furrowed her eyebrows at my statement.

"Where are you going?"

"The gym," I replied. She rolled her eyes, still chewing her food. I had no idea why, but she hated it when I went to the gym.

"When are you gonna stop being like that, Daniel?" She sighed with a big scowl on her face.

"Like what?" I knew what was coming: a speech that would surely be very boring.

"You don't do anything but go to the gym, or hang out with people you meet at the gym. And then you spend your free time protecting me from God knows what!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

"What do you want me to do? You know that boxing is my dream, and I'm running after it. What is bothering you so much about it?"

"Do you realize how old you are? Apparently not, so I'll tell you. You're 21, Daniel. Could you possibly tell me when you plan on having a normal life, or a decent relationship?" she questioned, almost as if it was a challenge. My blood boiled in dissent.

"Ugh! I should have known from the beginning that you wanted to say this. You could have just spit it out instead of giving this lame speech." My voice swelled in volume as I continued arguing. I stood up from my seat.

"Watch your tone Daniel! Don't forget that I am your big sister," Delilah hissed while glaring at me.

"I'm sorry, but I think we've talked enough about this. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to marry a girl that would break my heart. I am perfectly fine like this. And can we please not bring this up again? I'm tired of having this conversation. I hate it." I plopped back down in my seat as all of the angry energy left my body.

"Fine. I am just saying it because I care though," she accented.

"I know, sis." I sighed while getting up to clear the table. "Are you ready now?" I asked.

"Yes, just wait until I grab my purse." She quickly wiped her mouth with a napkin and then dashed upstairs. I went to the door and waited, still a little bitter from the argument.

"Okay, I'm ready," Delilah mused in her singsong voice as she walked back down the stairs. I opened the door, and then we both headed for the car. Once we were in the car, I started it, and the engine roared to life.

The air between us was thick with dismay. I wanted this to be a good day, but of course miss Delilah would have other ideas. She knew that was a touchy subject, so why would she bring it up? I rolled my eyes, while still keeping them planted firmly on the road. 

The amount of time she spent talking about my relationship status was a bad sign. Maybe she wanted me to move out, or maybe she just wanted to kick me out of the apartment. You did a great job killing the mood, Delilah!

Eventually, we reached the clinic. I hit the brakes and waited for her to leave, but it seemed like she had other ideas. She hesitated a moment before letting out a huff of defeat and turning to me.

"Daniel, I'm sorry for bringing this up again. Please don't be mad. Please." She patted my hand and I glanced at her. Naturally, she was giving me her puppy eyes. I sighed and shook my head.

"I know. I am not mad." I gave her a small smile, which she returned, and then she kissed my cheek before leaving. I watched over her protectively as she walked inside of the building before I started the engine and headed for the gym.

~~~~~~

I pushed the gym door open, and was immediately welcomed with the scent of sweat. It sounded disgusting, but I had grown so accustomed to the smell it was comforting now. 

"Good morning Daniel," greeted Paul, my trainer.

"Good morning, Paul." I gave him a small, polite smile.

"You look a bit off today," Paul noted. He placed his hand on my shoulder, waiting for my response.

"Yeah, that's true."

"What happened?"

"Just an argument over the same damn topic. You know." I rolled my eyes, and he sighed.

"She just wants the best for you." Well, it seemed that I would be hearing that phrase all day!

"I know." An uncomfortable silence ensued, until Paul decided to break it up.

"Okay, go get ready. You have some practice to do today," he said sternly, and I nodded before dashing to the dressing room. After I changed, I ran to the training room. Paul was already standing there with his arms crossed over his chest, waiting for me.

"I want you to do 200 push ups and 200 crunches to warm up," he instructed. I just nodded, dropped to the floor, and followed his orders.

And that's what I did for the rest of the training as well. After three long hours of hard work, I felt like I was going to faint.

"Paul, can I have break?" I begged while wiping a flood of sweat from my brow.

"Okay, tomorrow will be a day off from training. But on Thursday we are having a long training session. You're improving quickly, but we still have some work to do," he said, and I nodded in agreement.

After trading some small talk, I went and jumped in the shower. Once I was ready, it was still only 11:32, which was too early for Delilah to have finished her work. Well, I had no choice but going back home. I told Paul my last goodbye and left.

I walked out into the parking lot, just as I had done so many times. However, the trip to my car was anything but ordinary. Just before I reached my car, my eyes caught her.

The One... 

--------

A/N: The One... Yaaayy. Well, that's the opening of the book. Next chapters gonna be very interesting, I promise.

What do you think of it. Was it boring ?! Please comment and vote :) this chapter is dedicated to @superman1116. She was the first one who gave me her pov. And that gonna be in every chapter. First one who gives me feedback receives a dedication.

Thank you :)