Epilogue

You can listen to:
Romanza- Andrea Bocelli
Grace
"Where's dad?" I asked my aunt.
"He said that he needed fresh air. Maybe he went to the graves." She sighed as I sat next to her on the sofa.
"I really wished that she's be here with me on that special day."
"Your mother is an angel. There was and never will be someone as faithful as her. Don't be sad, she's in heaven." She smiled faintly pulling me in a hug.
"I want to meet her. I want to talk to the woman that the whole world talks about. I miss her." I whimpered as she hugged me tightly.
"Pray for her, baby girl." Aunt whispered rubbing my back.
My aunt, Delilah, has been my mother since mum passed away to save dad.
"Tell me about her." I said quietly resting my head on her thigh as she ran he hand through my hair.
"She was beautiful and full of life. Once she steps into a place, everyone smiles to mirror the smile that was always planted on her face.
Your father loved her more than any woman in this world. That's why he refused to remarry. I think that the only reason he didn't go mad was that you were there for him. Her death was a shock for everyone... Never in a million years will anyone think that a wife would donate her heart for her husband. The word "angel" doesn't even fit. She's more beautiful than hundred angels." She paused wiping her tears. "She left things for you." She continued.
"Where are they?" I asked sitting up.
"Come with me." She said getting up, and I followed her to her room.
Openning a small drawer in her wardrobe, she pulled out a small blue box and handed it to me.
"There is a ring I was told to give you on your wedding day, and this is the last article your mother wrote before passing away." She sighed handing me a yellow journal paper.
"Is that all?" I whispered and she nodded.
"That's all."
"I will go out for a little bit." I said quietly walking out of the room.
-------
"Today, I will give Grace away, Amber. Oh how I wished that you were here with me." Dad cried on mum's grave. He's been doing that since she passed away. He gets her a flower everyday and places it on her grave then talks with her as if nothing has changed.
"Daddy," I whispered placing my hand on his back making him quickly wipe his tears and turn to me.
"Baby," He whispered helping me sit next to him. "What are you doing here?"
"Aunt Delilah gave me those." I said raising the box and the journal paper.
"The article?" He asked quietly.
"Yeah.." I nodded.
"I've never read it before." He confessed.
"Let's read it together." I suggested and he nodded.
"Sacrifice Of Love." I read the title and he closed his eyes letting a tear hit the soil covering her.
"We all know what sacrifice means. Sacrifice means that you give someone something so precious without asking for anything in return. You might sacrifice something for God or anyone you love. This precious thing could be money, a piece of land, treasure... anything...
But- what about sacrifice of love? Have you ever loved someone so much that you would give up everything for him? Maybe you're asking yourself now if there's something like this, but I have to ressure you that there is because I do.
Let me ask another question, Have you ever met a man who inspires you to love? Until your every sense is filled with him? You inhale him. You taste him. You see your unborn children in his eyes and know that your heart has at last found a home. Your life begins with him, and without him it must surely end.
About seven years ago, I met a man. He entered my life without permission and stole my heart. He's the most beautiful theif I've ever met. He taught me what love is. He's my knight in the armor.
You might know him. He's my husband and the father of my daughter. He's the man whose blood is mixed with mine. He's the man who saved me from death when our first baby died inside me. He donated blood, and I'm sure that if I needed anything more to live, he'd have given it to me without giving it a second thought.
Now, I think it's my turn to give him the most precious thing that I have.
Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else. With him, I never lose.
I'm sorry that this might be my last article. I wanted to say goodbye before leaving this world because I've taken my decision.
Peter S. Beagle once said, "Real magic can never be made by offering someone else's liver. You must tear out your own, and not expect to get it back."
I guess he's right, isn't he? That's what sacrifice means." I read the last words blinking back my tears. How could that happen? How could I lose her? How could she leave me?!
"She took her decision once they said that they needed a donor. I remember the day she wrote that artictle, I woke up to find her crying, but when I asked her about it, she just smiled and changed the subject. How could I be so blind?" He whimpered letting tears fall from his eyes.
"You're the best man in the world." I whispered cupping his cheeks.
"I'm the worst husband. I killed your mother."
"Daddy," I paused pulling him in a hug. "She loved you- she was never ashamed to tell the world that you made her fall in love." I whispered. "Plus, don't forget that her heart is still beating." I continued placing my hand on his chest.
"You're a gift from God, I can't believe that I am letting you go." He sobbed pulling me in a hug.
"Oh, Dani, I won't ever leave you, okay? I'll be next door and we won't stop dancing together. You promised me that we will never stop." I smiled.
"Sometimes I wonder if I am really your father. You know what? You're my second Amber. You look like her: her eyes, her hair, her smile and her kindness. Sometimes I forget that she's no longer with me just because I have you."
"I love you so much, daddy."
"I love you more, my sweet angel."
"Why don't you sing for me? It's a special day for us." I suggested, but he just shook his head. "Please, daddy." I pleaded giving him my puppy eyes.
"Fine, but I have a sore throat, so don'y blame me for my horrible voice," He paused clearing his throat making me giggle.
"In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I want to be
In my daughter's eyes

Everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light
And the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me
Gives me strength when I'm weak
I find reason to believe
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart
Is had enough
It's givin' more when you feel like givin' up
I've seen the light
It's in my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes
I can see the future
A reflection of who I am
And what we'll be
And though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone
I hope you'll see
How happy she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes"
-------------------The End----------------------