43# IT'S A...

Chapter 43

Amber

It's crazy how this happened. A moment ago, I was yelling and screaming at his face, and the second... I'm waiting on the hospital chair for the doctor to tell me any news about Derek's health...

My father. What a powerful word! six letters that can change the thoughts of everyone about you, but not anyone can be called a father.

In my point of view, a father is not specifically the one you're made from. A father is whom stands by your side, and every girls first hero, and only king. When I told Derek that he's not my father... I didn't lie because- because when I used to get sick, George was the one to stay up all night to watch me while Derek was busy with his flings...

But one thing my brother taught me is to never leave anyone who is in need. That's why I'm here waiting for any news.

After I walked out of that hell-hole, I was crying hysterically, and Daniel was doing his best to comfort me. Then, we heard a loud thud coming from my fath- Derek's room. When we got back in, he was lying on the floor, and holding his chest.

"Miss?" A small nurse called.

"Yeah?"

"The doctor wants you." She said shyly, and I nodded getting up.

"Want me to come with you?" Daniel questioned quietly.

"If you'd like." I shrugged in a tired manner, and he sighed getting up.

"I'm coming." He announced, and I nodded walking sluggishly after that little nurse.

---------

"You've got to be kidding me!! You're telling me now that he's alcoholic, and that he should quit? Oh my God! Thanks for the news!! I never knew." I yelled with sarcasm at the doctor across from me.

"Ma'am please calm dow-"

"Don't ask me to calm down. I really can't believe that!! I still don't know how did that bottle was even here inside the hospital. He was spiking his water while you were here doing nothing about it! How could that even happen?!!"

"He's alcoholic, and he has his ways to hide it very well. I was confused when I saw the blood tests, but-"

"But you were too lazy to check his room, right?"

"Amber!" Daniel interfered, but I continued anyway.

"If he has his ways, you should be qualified enough to know how would this type of people think!" I argued, and he, the doctor, sighed.

"I'm sorry." He apologized, and I sat back down.

"And I'm sorry for yelling that way, but I want to know what happened to him, now."

"Your return was shocking news for him, and fighting and yelling caused some problems. That's simply what happened. I can't explain more than that because I will start with confusing medical names, so- he'll stay in the intensive care for few days till we make sure that he's okay."

"Okay, thank you." I sighed getting up and shaking his hand with Daniel doing the same.

"We should return home, now. It had been a long day." Daniel said in my ear once we stepped out of the room.

"I can't leave, Daniel. I can't. He's like this because of me!" I sighed turning around, and he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, Amber, but you're not sleeping here." He said as if it was a fact making me sigh.