6# The Drive :)

Chapter 6: 《Edited by: @keepfaith myfriend.》

Amber

"Um, may I ask you a question?" Daniel asked.

"Sure." I locked my screen and turned to look at him, giving him my full attention.

"You and Robin… do you have something together?" he stuttered nervously, repeating nearly every syllable.

What?

 I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Why would you think such way?"

"The way you act towards each other, you know…"

"Robin is like my other brother. He cares about me, just as Ed does,” I said quickly. Daniel immediately relaxed, huffing in relief.

"Oh, okay. Thank you." He smiled and I nodded.

A few minutes passed in silence then he turned to me.

"What is the address?”

"Just take me to my car," I said again, but he shook his head, not letting me continue my sentence.

"If I am not leaving Delilah go by herself anywhere alone, I will never leave a girl like you in the streets by herself,” he said sternly, which made heat rise to my cheeks.

"Fine. At the end of this street turn left…" I began telling him the address.

Fifteen minutes later, he parked in front of the small house. I was about to hop out of the car, but he locked the door. I started to panic. What was happening?

“Don’t you know it’s rude to get out of the car by yourself when you’re with a man? Getting out by yourself would insult my manliness,” he frowned, but I could see a smile breaking through the act.

"I am sorry,” I said slowly, and he chuckled at me.

"You look funny."

"Well, you made my heart fall to the floor!" I protested and both of us broke down, laughing.

"Amber, thank you so much for the wonderful night, really."

"I am the one who should be thanking you. I haven’t had such great time since so long. Just don't get mad at Delilah," I said softly.

"Well, I cannot promise anything…" he sighed.

"Please!" I begged.

"You're begging me for the sake of my sister, who you don’t even know,” he scoffed, giving me a horrified look.

"Well, we're both girls and I had the same damn incident with Edward. But the difference is that I was in high school. Delilah is working now. She’s an adult, not a teenager.”

“So, what did Edward do?” Daniel smirked. “Maybe I could learn a lesson or two from him.”

“He was annoying, so let’s not talk about it. Please.” I rolled my eyes

“Sisters these days. They don’t even know how much we worry about them. We’re just doing it out of care and love,” Daniel said mockingly.

“I get that. But you show how much you care in the wrong way. You could show it without being the controlling big brother!” I exclaimed.

"Younger brother," he corrected.

"Even worse." I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh, fine,” he groaned loudly.

"Fine what?" I asked. My eyes widened.

“I won’t talk about it again. Getting mad won’t fix anything.”

"Even with your sister?" My eyes lit up.

“Yeah, I guess. I won’t be so lovely with her though.”

“Okay.” I smiled. “Uh, I should go in now.” I motioned for the house.

"Okay." He opened his door and helped me out.

We walked together to the front door. When we were about a meter away from the door, I stopped to search for the keys in my bag.

"You won't call?” he asked.

"No. Here is the key." I smiled and he nodded, looking slightly badgered.

"You okay?" I asked, concerned.

"Yeah. May I text you before you sleep?"

"Sure, but I don't have your number nor you have mine," I reminded him.

"Oh, yeah. Hold on a second." He removed a pen from his pocket, and then took my hand in his. Goosebumps rose on my skin.

He wrote something on my palm. "Here it is." He closed my palm and kissed my hand.

"Sweet Dreams. Don't forget to call me. I won't leave till I have your number on my screen." He winked and I nodded slightly. 

If I wasn’t mistaking, I had begun to sway slightly.

I opened the door and waved him goodbye. I was breathing heavily and my heart was pounding. I felt as if I was a teenager again! What was he doing to me?

"Amber? Hey, love," Robin said as I walked into the door. 

Robin’s voice startled me. I turned and he squeezed me in a hug.

"Why are you standing here? Come in and let's eat together," he said and I nodded.

I kissed his cheek and ran to the kitchen. He didn't say anything though, just stared into my eyes...

I helped him preparing the table and after that, we ate together. After we finished I helped Marie to her room and went to my bed. I had to admit it had been a great night. I had grinned so much that night, my mouth hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daniel

I watched her run to the house. She was very beautiful and delicate. She was even shorter that Delilah! Her hand was so tiny in mine. I sat in my car, waiting for her call. I kept waiting and waiting, but nothing came until I drifted into a deep sleep. Did she really forget about me?

-----------------

A/N: hey lovlies, what do you think of this chapter?! And these two as a couple?!

This chapter is dedicated to @Nadaa_styles.

Don't forget to vote and comment. I read all your comments and I appreciate them all :)