41# Threats and Fears.

Chapter 41

Daniel

'What took her this long?' I kept asking myself. She was out of sight and I began to worry.

"What do you think, Daniel?" Delilah asked. I think Alan was trying to keep a safe distance between us, and I praise him for that. I won't tolerate any of his faults, and he knows that very well.

"Sorry?" I asked, and she rolled her eyes.

"You obviously weren't listening."

"I'm sorry, but Amber just took so long..." I sighed looking for her once again, and that's when I spotted her.

Het face was pale, and her lips were white. Her eyes, on the other hand, were bright red.

I stood up, "babe, you're okay?"

Worry washed over me when I saw her raising her hand to her temple, but then it flew to catch something, and then she fell to the ground.

"Amber!" I screamed running over to her.

It felt like years to reach her side, but it was just few seconds. All the voices were muted as I kneeled next to her raising her shoulders to lean against me.

"Amber, please wake up." I shook her, but she just groaned in pain.

"Daniel, the baby..." She whispered before her eyes closed again.

"She's bleeding!" Someone pointed out. I panicked immediately looking around to find a dark spot through her dress.

"Call the ambulance!!" I screamed.

"There is no time. You have to take her to the hospital immediately since she's pregnant." A woman in her late fifties said urgently, and I immediately slid my arms under Amber carrying her in bridal style.

"Open the door." I told Delilah as tears formed in my eyes.

"Just get inside, I will drive." She said quickly openning the door of the backseat.

"Amber, please open your eyes." I whispered as Delilah sped out of the parking lot.

"Please be strong.."

----

"Take care, She's pregnant." I yelled as the nurses ran inside the emergency department.

"Please stay outside." A young nurse ordered.

"But-"

"Daniel, let them do their work. She'll be okay." Delilah cut me off tugging my arm.

"I have to be there, Delilah, I have to!!" I argued tugging at the roots of my hair.

"Let them do their work without distraction! Let them help her!!" She yelled.

"They'll be okay. They'll be okay." I whispered.

"Sir Daniel?" A feminine voice called, and I immediately recognised it.

"Doctor Gabrielle, did you see Amber? They took her, and.." I stood up babbling what came in my mind without forming an exact sentence.

"Calm down, I checked on her, and she's fine, now. We stopped the bleeding and the baby is okay. It looks like something shocked her so much, she was crying non stop, so I gave her something to knock her out for the next hours."

"Can I see her?" I asked.

"Sure. They took her to her room. It's 501 if I'm not mistaken." She smiled faintly, and I nodded walking past her.