Chapter 13

Hey guys! Enjoy the update!

Songs of this chapter:

Better Left Unsaid-Ariana Grande

Apologize-One Republic

______________________________________________________

Sydney's P.O.V.

I let out a sigh and knocked quickly on the door. My mind was swarming with what we were doing today. He invited me over, but why? I was so unsure, although, it was urgent and 'extremely important' as he put it.

The door swung open, but instead of Niall, Mia was standing in clear view. I gasped, taking a step back in shock.

"Sydney, what are you-" Mia turned around and glared at Niall.

"You're early..." Niall trailed off, his gaze shifting toward me. "Mia, it's not what it-" He was cut off by Mia slapping him across the face and storming passed me.

I sheepishly smiled and glanced at Mia.

"Text me, Syd!" Mia laughed and I smiled. Only Mia would laugh at this situation.

"Sorry Ni." He frowned and pulled me into a hug. I breathed in his scent and smiled. Horan hugs were the best.

Niall led me inside and I kicked the door shut. "Syd.." He glanced side to side. I grinned but as fast as my hopes increased, they were shot down. "What movie?"

"How about...something Disney?" Niall laughed and nodded agreeing to my selection.

He pulled out 'Cinderella' and motioned for me to take a seat on the couch. I obliged and pulled down my sweater sleeves causing them to cover my palms.

During the movie, I kept staring relentlessly at the clock hanging above the mantle. This movie was dragging on. I turned my attention to Niall and at the same time he looked at me.

"I-I gotta go," I gushed, standing from my seat. "Sorry."

I rushed and snatched my jacket from its hook. I slipped into it and opened the front entrance. Niall waved to me as I exited, grinning in the process.

I slid into my silver Toyota and started the engine. I pulled out of the driveway and pondered on where my next stop would be. My mind finally set on a place after driving aimlessly around town, passing the same store about three times.

I parked in Summer's driveway and locked the car door, earning a beep.

I walked up the steps and continuously knocked on the door. After a while the door shot open, revealing Summer's mother.

"Marie?" I gasped as she pulled me into a hug. "Is now a bad time?" my voice became muffled against the cotton of her worn, mint green sweater.

She quickly glanced over her shoulder. "No, of course not, Syd!" Marie grinned. She tugged me inside and guided me to the couch, kicking the door shut with her heel.

"Hey, Sum," I frowned with pleading eyes.

"Sydney, what's wrong?" she motioned me into the kitchen. "Mom, we'll be back."

I followed her and slid into a bar stool next to her. Summer's blonde hair was straightened with a headband braid tucked gently behind her ear. She was gorgeous. It was honestly unfair.

I offered a smile and slammed my head into my crossed arms on the table.

"I'm so stupid!" I cried. "I broke them up. Mia and Niall-"

"You did what?" Summer was confused. She knitted her eyebrows together and insisted I kept on going.

"I walked in on them making out and she, Mia, thought he was cheating. I'm a horrible person," I groaned and looked up to meet her green eyes.

"Don't cry. You have no reason to," Summer swiped the pad of her thumb under my eye lid, capturing the cascading tear drop. "Mia just didn't realize your friendship with Niall. They'll get back together."

"That's what I'm afraid of," I murmured, my voice almost inaudible.

"You like Niall!" Summer wriggled her eyebrows. I giggled and nodded sheepishly. "Snidney!" she snickered and I lightly smacked her tanned arm.

"Stop!" I groaned still laughing in the process.

We kept at it for a while until we realized her mom was still patiently waiting in the family room.

Summer's P.O.V.

After Sydney and my mother, Marie, left, I straightened up the house a bit. I reconfigured the pillows on the couch. The three of us had a childish pillow fight, but Sydney failed to clean up the mess as she promised to. I smiled to myself, realizing that I had the best friend in the world.

The depression, though, was eating me up inside. Harry knew it, too, yet he hasn't spoken to me since the last time I saw him. I haven't cut or anything of the sort, however, I've cried myself to sleep a couple nights this week.

I was reeled out of my thoughts like a fish on a hook when my phone buzzed. I shuffle over to the coffee table and snatched my phone.

'1 new message from Harry'

I mumbled a few words under my breath and tapped 'view'.

Wanna go out with Louis and El tonight?

I pondered on the idea. Did I really want to go? I decided within a minute and typed a short responce.

Only if Perrie and Zayn go. :/

I chuckled at my response. Within a few seconds Harry replied.

They will be joining us. I'll pick you up at 7. ;)

I groaned and looked at the kitchen clock. It was already 5. I should probably get ready. Of course, after I eat something.

I pried open the refrigerator door and pulled out the jar of pickles. I slammed the stainless steel door shut and trudged up to my room.

I quickly showered and grabbed my curling wand. I slipped into my bathrobe as my curling wand heated up. When it was scorching hot and ready, I went to work. I grasped a piece of hair and twirled it around the wand. After releasing the strand, I popped open the jar and munched on a delectable pickle.

I finished my hair and moved onto my make up. I coated my lashes with mascara and applied a thin layer of simple eye shadow from the Naked 2 palette. I added nude lip gloss and closed the cap shut.

I finally made my way into my walk-in closet and pulled out my dress choices. I decided on a tight, plum dress and slipped into my nude flats. I snatched my phone and purse off the table.

I pulled on my coat and waited outside for Harry. Even though we weren't together, we could still be friends, right? I thought about it for a while, when suddenly headlights flashed towards me. Harry drove into my driveway and opened the passenger door for me. I thanked him and hopped in.

The drive to the restaurant was silent, but it was a peaceful silent. A silence that was warm and inviting. This was our way of expressing our feelings, through our unhealthy lack of communication.

As the car abruptly stopped, I forced the door open and climbed out. The restaurant's name flashed high above the brick building. We walked inside and Italian cuisine over took my senses as I swooned over the tomato mixed scent.

Harry led me to our table and I offered a small smile to the familiar crowd of friendly faces. That was when I realized that this may have been a set up.

______________________________________________________

A/N:

What does she mean by set up?

Dun dun dun! I want this to reach at least 290 reads before i make the next chapter. Thanks!

Oh, before I forget, thanks for reading 'Don't Let Me Go'. I appreciate it!

Summer x