Chapter 10

Summer's P.O.V.

The car ride consisted of silence. I stared aimlessly out the window deep in thought. Who was that guy? Did Harry know him? I was so absorbed in my own thoughts that I didn't realize I was squeezing the life out of my limp wrist. I cussed under my breath and released my own arm. I shook my head and turned my attention towards Harry. I needed answers.

"Harry?" I broke the ice.

"Yes, babe?" he replied, eyes focused on the road.

"Who was that?" I questioned as he switched on his blinker, pulling into the lot.

"An old pal of mine. He.." Harry paused pulling next to Zayn's SUV. "Nothing but trouble." I thought I heard him mumble, but he answered me surely with "He was a nice guy, I guess."

"Oh," I frowned. Great explanation, Harry.

Harry ran around to the passenger side of the truck and opened my door. I smiled a quick thank you and hopped down to the concrete. We made our was into the large building. I trailed behind Harry with the sound of my boots scuffing the ground echoing throughout the corridors. Harry stopped and I bumped into his tall stature. I mumbled a short sorry and we entered the meeting room.

***

"Sum!" I jolted up and whacked my head against somebody's chest.

"Ouch," I muttered rubbing my forehead. "Oh, hi Li." I half smiled as he pulled me into a hug.

"You fell asleep love," he chuckled and we pulled apart.

"I guess so." My mind was swarming. Why did I need to be awake? I shook off my pestering thoughts and began to pay attention to the on going meeting.

Harry's P.O.V.

-

Liam shook Summer awake long after our manager broke us some horrid news. Apparently our on going tour was going to be extended to another three months.

[A/N: Play Take Me Along By Miley Cyrus]

"Summer," Rob grumbled, twirling his pen between his fingers. Sum watched him intently. "You and Harry.."

Thats my name. I cringed, this can't be good.

"I don't think it's working out," he hesitated, setting down his pen and clutching his coffee mug.

"WHAT!?" I blurted, scaring Summer. She flinched and rolled backwards in her chair. 'Sorry' I mouthed and sat back down.

"This is my office and if you don't like it get out," Rob was just as infuriated as I was.

I looked back at Summer and she looked petrified. Her glance moved back and forth between Rob and Liam. Liam shrugged and pointed towards me. Summer placed her hand on the table and pulled herself up.

"Harry, I can't do this anymore," she admit and made her way towards me. "With management and my depression slowly becoming the past, I feel like I need to move on. It's not working out." She brushed past me and jogged out of the room with tears flooding from her eyes. Before the door officially closed, her hand stuck out the door and pointed towards Rob as if she was blaming him.

I nodded to myself and followed her lead. I slammed the door behind me and mentally stuck my middle finger at the man I hate most, Rob.

Summer's P.O.V.

Once I shut the door securely behind me, I legit threw my lifeless body on the ground. I closed my eyes and prayed that no one saw me like this. To be honest, the only reason I hadn't cut in a while is because of Harry. He was my rock and now I can't be with him anymore.

My phone began to ring so I picked it off the carpeted floor. The caller ID read 'Mia'. I tapped a few buttons and held the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I answered, steadying my ragged breathing.

"Sum," Mia breathed. "Can you tell Niall to call me later?" I froze and glanced at the door.

"Sure," I rubbed my eyes and hung up. I lifted my self off the floor and trudged to the door. I reentered and all eyes went to me.

"Niall," I murmured motioning him to come foward. He obliged and jogged to my side, pulling me outside.

"Mia wants you to call her later."

"Okay," he spoke in a hushed voice. "Sum, where are you staying tonight?"

"I have no idea. We're all staying in the same house...Liam's room?" I shrugged. I really had no clue. This situation with Harry was really confusing.

"You can bunk with me tonight!" Niall wriggled his eyebrows and I giggled.

"Okay," I smiled and Niall dragged me into the room with him.

I walked around Rob and towards Liam. He motioned towards his lap since there were no other open chairs in the room. Simon stole mine. I took a seat on his lap and laid into his chest.

"You okay?" he asked. I didn't bother turning around when I answered him.

"No not really," I forced a smile. Liam pulled me closer to him. He was like my older brother, honestly.

"It's alright, love," he cooed.

I hadn't even realized the tears welled up in my eyes. I swallowed the lump in my throat and let the tears trickle down my cheek. My eyes searched the room for Harry but there was no sign of him anywhere. I shrugged it off and excused myself.

***

I walked aimlessly around the building until I reached the entrance. This whole night feels unreal. First, Harry's friend now the sudden breakup?

I strut towards the exit and I saw someone sobbing on the sidewalk. I peered through the door. It was Harry. I gasped and pushed the door opened.

"Harry I" he shushed me and held out a hand. I took it and he pulled me into his lap.

"I miss you alreadyyy." He cried into my shoulder.

"Harry," my feelings were so confusing at the moment and I guess pity kicked in right about now because here I was planting my lips onto Harry's.

He smiled and I giggled giddy from the contact. As our lips met again, we heard somebody clear their throat. When we turned around, the person we both least wanted to see was standing right in front of us.