Chapter 22

Summer's P.O.V.

"These are really good, babe," Harry commented, slipping his fork past his lips.

I nodded in acknowledgement, waving off the compliment like swatting a fly. Chris and Mia giggled from across the table, tickling Bailey repeatedly. I yearned for that sort of connection with a child. In fact, I wanted one of my own.

"Summmmmmm?" Harry hummed in my huskily ear.

"What?" I snapped my head up to see everyone staring at me confused. Nobody replied, instead they all gave me a blank stare.

"Sorry," I said bluntly, getting out of my seat to clear the dinner table. Thoughts swirled around in my head like a massive tornado of words.

"What's wrong?" Mia spoke from the spot next to me.

I shrugged, pushing the thought of Mia moving back to America with her new lover boy. A tear slid down my pale cheek as I washed the dishes roughly.

"FUCK!" I shouted once Bailey and Chris had cleared the room. I burst out of the room, leaving the water running.

I headed down the hall into my room literally throwing myself onto the mattress completely infuriated.

To be completely honest, I had no idea why I was so worked up over having a child. I wanted one, but not now at least.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Harry asked leaning against the door frame.

It dawned on me.

"Bailey..she reminds me of my mom when she..."

Tears poured from my sea green eyes as Harry made his way over to me. Sitting directly next to me, he took my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"I was going to have a little brother, but the doctor said if we went through with the child birth my mom would die. She had an abortion, Harry."

The words tumbled past my lips in between long sobs. My lips quivered as I twiddled my thumbs, awaiting a response from my boyfriend.

Images of my mother's face as the nurse relayed the information to her entered my head and I attempted to shove away the horrible scene that played out in my head.

My delicate, nimble pointer fingers moved to my temples, pressing deeply into them. "Stop, stop, STOP!"

Harry forced his lips onto mine, allowing all the bad thoughts to melt away. He held my body as I became jello in his arms.

--

After being alone for about ten minutes, we headed back downstairs to our guests. We apologized and Mia and Chris decided to leave around eight.

"Looks like its time to head out, Mia," Chris stared at his phone screen.

Mia nodded, glancing down at a passed out child on her lap. Bailey was fast asleep with her head using Mia's thigh as an uncomfortable pillow.

Chris lifted her up and carried her to the SUV in the driveway. We waved our goodbyes and finally after a long day, they departed.

Harry's P.O.V.

"Ughh," I sighed, plopping down on the bed.

"Agreed," Summer flashed me a bright smile picking up a book on the side table.

"Read to me," I whispered, scooting closer to her body.

"Uh uhm..." she stuttered as I inched even closer. Her face seemed mere centimeters away from mine as she flipped to the part she left off.

"As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once." Her lips moved as she read, deal in the story line that she had read a gazillion times.

However, in that moment I realized that the author was right. I fell in love with every little detail about her and as she read aloud to me, I graciously fell even more in love with the beautiful woman in front of me.

_________________________________

Short because Wattpad keeps deleting my Chapter 22. Like ughhhh. So hope you read and I hope the other comes back.

MWAHHHHHH!