Chapter 34.

Harry's P.O.V.

"Mason," my eyes darted to the boy sitting in the forest green, plastic chair. He pursed his lips before he forced a small smile.

"Har-" his voice was hoarse and cut off when a woman entered from behind us.

My first reaction was to shield him, but remembering Summer behind me I froze.

"M'am, please exit the room," the officer calmly replied.

"But my boy.." I turned to see Old Ms. Hackett standing in the door frame, staring at her adopted son.

"M'am," the officer forcefully said, standing his ground.

"You ungrateful child!" she cussed, shoving her way out of the room.

"I'll handle her. You two catch up," the officer smiled.

"Mase, what happened?" Summer kneeled down next to the boy. She had just met him, but the way they bonded felt like they had known each other a life time.

"She slashed my bare back," he shuddered. Summer reached for his shredded t-shirt. Mason winced as she gently pulled up the cloth covering the open wound.

Summer gasped immediately. "We need to take him to the hospital."

"Course," I frowned.

Mason was my sister's son. When she began moving back and forth from America and London, she left him with a foster mom, who bluntly beat him. Mason never told anyone except me. I knew I should have told Gemma, but I was conflicted with not only my feelings, but finding out my wife had a child with a rapist.

Summer nudged Mason up and he used her for support to hobble away. The two made their way to the car as I called Gemma.

"Hello?" she answered on the first ring.

"Gemma, Mason's back."

"What? Why?" Gemma gasped into the microphone.

"Bitch slashed his back. That's why! They fucking called Summer, scaring the shit out her to complain once again that your son was beaten. This has happened more than once, but you're too busy partying to care!" I slammed my finger on the end button and huffed in anger and frustration.

If only my sister cared enough about her son.