Chapter 2

Summer's P.O.V.

I knocked quietly and quickly on the hardwood door unsure of what response I would get.

"Hello?" I asked as I awaited my answer.

"Come in," a husky heartbroken voice bellowed making shivers decorate my body like sprinkles.

I padded across the carpeting that covered the large bedroom. I plopped down on the bed, next to Harry. I sat Indian style, crossing my legs and resting my head in my hands.

"You okay?" a small smile adorned my face.

"Yeah. I just miss him," a tear slid down his pale face.

"Me too," I said absentmindedly. Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes, but I held back.

"Kids dinner!" the voice of Anne echoed throughout the almost barren house.

"Sum," Harry looked at me and then to the floor, scratching his neck awkwardly. "Go on a date with me." His green eyes met mine.

"Sure," I grinned in an ear to ear smile.

*FLASHBACK*

"Summy," my father brought me back to reality with his charming voice. "I'm leaving tomorrow." His eyes were filled with shame and sorrow. "Promise me one thing," I nodded as he continued. "Only date boys that have a wild side. If they don't, give up on them."

"Okay, daddy," I replied, not really sure what my 4 year old mind agreed to.

"That's why I'm leaving," he muttered to himself.

"What?"

"Nothing!" my dad smirked.

FLASHBACK OVER*

My dad always knew what was wrong yet he never changed his ways. He went for trouble and he always got what he deserved. I missed him, yeah, but if he does the crime he's got to do the time.

I sighed as we made our way down the wooden stairs. They creaked with each step I took. "You okay, love?" Harry offered. I smiled, nodded my head and tugged my hand away from his. I trotted down the rest of the steps and pulled Mia into a bear hug.

"Harry asked me to go on a date with him!" I whisper-screamed.

Her brown eyes lit up as she shrieked with joy. "Be careful," she advised becoming a bit too serious. she was looking at me through black framed glasses. "He's known to be a bad boy, a trouble maker, a-"

"Okay, okay," I mumbled as I rolled my eyes annoyed at my friend's advice. I know she's trying to stick up for me and all, but I can handle it.

We all took our seats at the table and I sat in between my mom and Mia.

After dinner, Anne pulled out a freshly baked cake as iced it before coming back to sit at the mahogany dining room table. "Harry taught me the recipe," Anne stated in between bites. "From the bakery he worked at." She smiled because of how proud she was of her son.

My phone buzzed from in my boot. I flinched at the feeling. "I have to take this. May I be excused?" I rushed. Anne nodded and I walked up to the door and exited the house.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Sum?" a sweet, gentle voice replied.

"Yeah."

"It's Caroline!" my sister squealed.

"Hey! What's up?"

"I'm in town for the weekend," she replied. "Wanna go for Starbucks sometime? And maybe catch up on things?"

My sister had been away at college for quite sometime and she barely came to visit. I smiled at the idea of seeing her again.

"Definitely!"

We both said our goodbyes and hung up the phone. I frowned as realization hit me like a brick to the face. I had no free time this week besides the day that Harry asked me to go on a date.

I pondered. I couldn't go on the date with Harry. Sisters come first.