Chapter 26

Summer's P.O.V.

Tears filled my eyes quicker than expected. When I was in the crash, I must have lost the memory of having my child and Chris used that against me.

It explains why they showed up a month after the accident.

"My baby," I cried into her shoulder. "I'm so sorry, angel."

"Mommy, you member?" she lifted her head unexpectedly.

"Of course," I sighed, recalling the memory.

"One more shot, babe," Chris laughed from behind me.

Our friend group formed a circle as we went around playing truth or dare. My head pounded to the beat of the overly loud music, but getting drunk was the highlight of my college life.

"I dare you to fuck, Summer," John said and a pair of hands lifted me off the ground and up a steep staircase.

The person placed me on a bed and glanced down at me. Chris.

"Do you wanna?" he slurred, playing with his zipper.

"Of course. You're my boyfriend and I love you." As the words left my mouth, I soon regret them.

I soon found out I was pregnant and I left college. When Bailey was born, Chris insisted that he take her and I go back to college. I did, but I must have let it slip my mind.

The room door opened and Harry walked inside the room with Chris close behind him.

The two men looked confused after seeing the scene in front of them. My eyes looked over to Chris.

My lip began to quiver as I said, "She remembers, Chris. She knows."

He looked at me in pure shock. The he quickly glanced at Harry to observe his facial expression.

"Harry, sit down," I said motioning to the rolling chair beside me.

I held Bailey against my chest and wrapped my arms around her small figure.

"Well, in college Chris and I sort of had a serious relationship.."

I began to tell the story to Harry, covering Bailey's ears at the inappropriate parts. His face went pale and his lips formed a frown.

Harry's P.O.V.

"Bailey is my daughter and just because I'm just remembering this doesn't mean I don't love her as much as chris. I'm sorry if you cant accept that." The words left her mouth apprehensively.

"Babe, I will love you no matter what. I made a commitment to you and I intend to keep it."

I may be a little tense, but I have to fight through the anger that is boiling my blood. Summer let the memory slip her mind after the crash and it wasn't fully her fault. Now that Bailey is in her life things will be different, but she's her child and Bailey deserves to have a mother.

"What?" Summer smiled through her tears.

"I understand. You don't need any shit from me," I replied, covering the child's ears.

Bailey looked up at her father and smiled. Her face gleamed as beautifully as Summer's face.

Summer may not have realized, but Chris called me before he came for a visit. He spilled the secret and since then I've watched the little girl closely. Her personality, her looks, her smile and everything else about her proved that she was indeed a spitting image of Summer.

Now, as I watched my beautiful fiancé hold her baby girl, I fell in love with the two.

A mother adorned in a hospital gown. Her hair spilling out of her messy bun and cheeks rosy from passion towards her daughter. Atop her lap sat her precious angel whom she loved her whole life whether Summer knew or not.

Bailey giggled as Summer whispered something into her ear, making me wish that Bailey was my child. The feeling inside my heart was overwhelming.

I glanced at Chris next to me and motioned him closer. He obliged and dragged his feet towards my chair.

"Does Mia know?" I asked, concern clear in my voice.

He shook his head miserably. "No, I want Summer to tell her. She's back home."

"What?" Summer gasped, her eyes popping out of her head. Her mouth fell open as Bailey watched her attentively.

I took this as an opportunity to grasp the little girl in my arms and carry her out of the hospital room.

Summer's P.O.V.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL HER?" I shouted anger seething through my clenched jaw. "She's my best friend. I cant tell her I have a child with her fiancé. Are you nuts?" My voice softened as I took his hand in mine.

"If you sit her down calmly and tell her she will listen, Chris."

He nodded and gently tugged his hand away. "Tell your mom please. I'm gonna go," he dismissed, shoving his hands in his jean pockets.

"Can I have Bailey?" I smiled already thinking about what we could do when I get checked out of this hell hole.

"Take her for the whole week," he grinned and gave me a hug goodbye.

--

Harry walked through the door once more with his mother and my mother behind him. They both had a look of concern etched on their petite faces.

"I'm fine. No need to worry," I assured as Harry ushered them each to a seat.

"Bailey, she's," I froze, recalling keeping the secret from my mom.

I moved into my own apartment with Chris and I never saw my mom for the whole nine months of my pregnancy.

"She's what, honey?" Anne asked, reeling me out of my day dream.

"My child," I finished proudly, awaiting the wrath of my mother. I let my head and hands fall to my lap.

"Baby, why didn't you tell me?" my mother questioned, gently placing her hand on top of mine.

"Chris and I agreed to have him take care of her, so I could return to college."

The two women in front of me nodded and then enveloped me in a group hug, something my mother was known for.

"We love you no matter what," Anne and my mom sighed in unison. "And nothing can change that," Harry's mum added.

I finally looked up at Harry as he joined our embrace. One happy family was all I needed.

(I will post a picture of Bailey next chapter. Hope you enjoy!!!!!)