Chapter 18

Summer's P.O.V.

Tears escaped my green eyes as my legs gave in. My whole body collapsed to the ground; my hands fisting at the material of the freshly washed sweater I adorned.

'No.' seemed to be the only form of communication I could muster up in the spur of the moment. The word repeatedly fell from my chapped lips, catching Harry's diverted attention.

Harry gasped suddenly and rushed to my side on the tiled airport floor. Never had I ever sobbed this hard in my entire life especially in front of the paparazzi. Photos were snapped, but at the moment I didn't give two shits.

Harry smoothed down my hair as he whispered caring words into my ear. Goosebumps raised on my skin and the tears slowed. I tried to calm myself down, taking deep breaths just like my counselor instructed.

"I'm okay," I nodded, taking in a gulp of fresh air. The woman on the intercom called out flight 529, informing One Direction their plane was taking off in a few minutes. "Go I'll be fine." I assured, ushering him through the doors. "Your dreams can't wait."

Harry nodded, leaning in to kiss me for a final time before taking off. This kiss was filled with passion and love. His tongue slickly grazed my bottom lip entering my mouth. Our tongues danced together, but the kiss was cut short when Louis dragged Harry away. I waved as he boarded the plane.

Once the boys had finally left, El, Perrie, Gia, Sydney and I were standing together waiting. It was almost as if we expected them to come running back into our barren arms, however, we knew they wouldn't. They wouldn't be back for a month atleast. Who knows management could hold them hostage for ten months after that!

Mia hadn't showed due to her early flight back to the America's tomorrow. I wondered why she had the sudden change of heart about England.

"Hey, Sum," El called, swiping a tissue under her eye. "We wanted to know if you'd fancy a dinner with us girls."

"Uhm...yeah. Anyone need a ride?" I asked, glancing at the time on my watch.

6:17

I huffed.

***

Sydney ended up accepting my offer since she arrived earlier with Liam and the boys.

I was now cruising down the road to my flat. I dialed my mom's number and awaited her response.

When she finally picked up, I let out a sigh.

"Hey, sweetie," she spoke.

"Mom, Harry went on a last minute tour to the U.S.," I rushed, pushing back the lump in my throat.

"Honey, that's terrible," I could sense her frown through the phone.

"Mom, could you-Ahhh!"

I slammed on the breaks, sending my phone through the window. Another car come in contact with the front end of mine, flinging me through the windshield and onto the street. Shards of glass encompassed my broken body and at that point in time, I felt like a piece of broken glass.

My car was totaled, no doubt about it. Sirens sounded as I spotted them speeding down the road. That was the last image I visually saw before blacking out.

Harry's P.O.V.

After my mates and I landed, the least call I expected to get was from a hospital. However, once I saw the caller I.D. panic overwhelmed my spiraling thoughts.

"Hello?" I swallowed. My nerves got the best of me and before the secretary could reply I shouted into the speaker,"Where's Summer?! Is she hurt, dead?!"