Chapter 25

Songs of the Chapter:

Double Rainbow - Katy Perry

Hero - Sterling Knight

She is - Parachute?

----

Summer's P.O.V.

When Harry returned to the bland hospital room, his tray was piled high with junk food and an apple that didn't quite belong. His eyes searched the room before landing on the side table next to my bed.

I propped myself up on my left elbow and let my eyes glide up Harry's fit figure. He sat down without speaking and snatched a chocolate bar and roughly ripping open the wrapping.

"Kiss me," I whispered, running my petite fingers across the shape of my pink lips. My eyes glanced at him then back to the crisp white sheets.

His hand removed mine from my lips and replaced it with his lips. Harry's pair of lips molded perfectly with mine and within seconds, I heard the chocolate bar tumble to the tiled floor.

Harry's tongue danced with mine as he lifted himself onto the bed to straddle my small body. My fingers found their way to his soft curls and tugged at the strands graciously, earning a moan from his rough mouth.

"Harry," I breathed as he released my swollen lips. "I love you," I finished, gasping for air.

He pecked my lips and the reached for a stray strand of my hair still straddling my small frame.

"I love you more," Harry smiled, his dimples prominent.

A knock sounded from the door and Harry and I rushed around and collected ourselves quickly. A nurse appeared at the door in baggy paper looking clothes. She was young with dark hair and bright eyes. The complete opposite of her horrid uniform.

"Hello, love. How are you feeling?" she smiled sweetly.

"Good," I sputtered, coughing as the words left my mouth.

"Now I'm no idiot, but you either bite your lips a lot or you and you're boyfriend just made out," she giggled.

Harry began to choke and the nurse howled in laughter as she began to check my blood pressure.

--

My phone began to vibrate from the side table causing me to jolt awake from my noontime nap.

"Hello?" I answered irritated. I didn't bother to even check the caller I.D.

"Hey, Sum," Mia's voice flooded through the phone and a smile broke onto my face.

"Hey!" I cheerily smiled, my mood quickly changing.

"I heard you're engaged. Well, so am I!" she chirped into the phone as I squealed.

"Mia that's great! I'm so happy for you!" I congratulated my best friend. "Put Chris on the phone. Now." I urged.

She sighed and handed the phone over to her soon to be husband.

"Hey, Sum, you feeling okay?" Chris spoke first.

"I've been better. Congrats." I giddily replied, awaiting a response.

"Summer, I need your help," Chris's breath became shaky.

"Yeah?"

"Im on my way to the hospital. Can you talk to Bailey about the engagement..she's mad?" He said in a questioning tone.

I nodded to myself and agreed to his favor. We hung up and I shifted in my bed uncomfortably.

--

Bailey came bursting through my door, tears springing from her eyes as she leaped onto my lap. I enclosed her in a hug and combed my fingers through her hair.

"Bailey, honey, what's wrong?" I asked, soothingly.

"Dadda and her are gonna be married!" she wailed into my shoulder. Her blue eyes becoming puffy by the second were pleading for my soul to comfort her. "I don't want a new mommy!"

"I want you to be my mommy!" she sobbed and remained silent as I thought her words over and over again.

Me? Her mom? There was no way. I glanced down at the little girl in my arms and took in her features. Then I remembered, her hair and her nose they belonged to me. Bailey was my daughter.

How could I not remember being pregnant with her? I sat there trying to remember. I racked my brain, trying to collect the remains of the foreign memory until it hit me like a brick to the face.

(Oh my gosh. No caption needed.)