Chapter 24

Harry's P.O.V.

I shifted in the leather driver's seat, thinking when I heard a loud crash inside the house. I bolted up from my slouching position and sprinted out of the car and into the house not bothering to shut the door.

I searched the rooms and made my way to the bathroom, but to my dismay the door was locked.

"Summer! Unlock the door!" I screamed, straining my voice.

When nobody answered, my heart sank and worry clouded my brain. The only solution in my head was to knock down the door forcefully.

I kicked and punched until the door caved in. I removed the wooden obstacle and saw my fiancé on the floor, lifeless.

"Summer! No, no, no!" The tears were drowning my face making my vision fuzzy and unclear.

I ripped my phone out from my pocket, dialing 9-1-1.

"Help my my fiancé is on the floor bleeding from her head and I don't know what to do!" I yelped into the phone, sobbing as the computer assured me it would be all fucking right.

Sirens sounded from outside my door as policemen burst into the bathroom to see the horrid scene in front of them.

Broken wood and shattered glass scattered across the floor. A layer of dust covered the floor from the impact of the door collapsing and a lifeless body blood smeared across the tiled flooring.

As the professionals lifted her body away, time felt like it was creeping along slowly, when in reality this while event happened in less than five minutes.

--

"What's wrong, Harry?" Mum asked through the phone speaker.

"Summer, she," I stopped, a fresh set of tears formed in my eyes. "She fell unconscious and cracked open her head." I rushed, silently praying with each word that left my lips.

"I'm on my way to take you to the hospital." And with that my mum hung up.

I scrolled through my contacts and texted all the boys, Mia, Gia, Sydney, El, Perry and finally I dialed Marie.

"Harry! How are you?" She cheerily answered.

"Actually, its about Summer. While I was outside she was in the bathroom and somehow she fell and hit her head.." Slowly I could hear her breath hitch.

"I'm heading to the airport now." Her mood had drastically changed and just like my mum she hung up straight away.

--

As I sat in the uncomfortable hospital seat, my mum rubbed circles in my back.

My mind was swirling, trying desperately to recall any signs of her illness.

That's when it hit me. She hadn't been eating as much.

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked Summer, pulling out my apron from the drawer.

"I'm not that hungry. I had a huge lunch." Liar. She skipped lunch earlier, complaining she had a huge breakfast, however she had a small bowl of yogurt.

"I'm going to the bathroom.." She smiled. "to see how much I've lost this time.." she mumbled, thinking I wouldn't hear.

"Doc!" I shouted, my voice hoarse from all the crying I'd done that night.

"Harry," Doctor Charles nodded.

"Summer hasn't been eating lately and she's been weighing herself constantly.

"That makes sense. It corresponds with the tests we've done. You can see her in a short period of time."

I dragged my body back to the plastic chair and rested my head on my mum's shoulder for reassurance as I drifted off to sleep.

--

My eyes fluttered open and brightness forced them shut. I lifted my head and reopened my sea green eyes.

I was in a hospital room, but not just any hospital room. It was Summer's.

"Baby?" I called out, making my way to her bedside.

Her eyes fluttered awake as I glided a rolling chair over to sit next to her.

"Harry," her voice was weak, but still small and graceful.

"What happened?" I asked, upset clear in my voice.

"I didn't tell you, but I got sick and it turned out to be bronchitis and my throat hurt extremely. I couldn't eat much. Then it turned into pneumonia," she forced a weak smile. "I'm so sorry."

"I forgive you, but there won't be a next time. And if there is tell me immediately," I said sternly. "I'm hungry. Be right back."

As I closed the door carefully, I ran smack dab into a crowd of our friends and family, holding obnoxious cards and balloons and crap.

"Oh hey...Summer fell asleep," I lied and continued to the cafeteria.

"Hey congrats man!" Louis came up to me, positioning his palm on my shoulder.

"On?"

"The engagement! Summer called this morning," He grinned, patting my back and returned to the herd of people surrounding our door.

That woman went shared and called. Gosh, this is exactly why I love her.

(Yay! She's awake! Sorry this is short, but I wrote this all right now. So enjoy and vote!)