Chapter 19

Harry's P.O.V.

It must have been a dream. Her voice was so smooth and angelic. This moment was so sureal. As my name left her perfectly crafted lips, time froze for us, right then and there.

I spun around on my heel gracefully to greet her eyes. Summer lay there on her back, head turned towards me and green eyes fixated on my movements. Her wavy blonde hair was spread along the hospital pillow, shiny and golden.

"Sum, don't ever scare me like that again," I breathed, walking over to her side. I pulled over a green, plastic chair from the corner of the cold and clammy room.

She nodded. Her full lips formed a thin line as she pressed them together tightly. Summer pulled her hand out from under the mounds of blankets that covered her ice cold body to carefully trace the outline of my mouth. Gently, she grazed my nose and forest colored eyes, outlining every detail engraved in my features.

I sighed content with her actions when suddenly the door shot open. Summer snapped her eyes shut, pretending to still be 'asleep'. Niall emerged from behind the doorway, carrying a tray of crappy cafeteria food.

"Sum, its only Niall," I assured, placing her frozen hand in mine. Her eyes fluttered open, immediately gazing at Niall. A small giggle surpassed her lips as she watched him chow down on the revolting slop this place called food.

"Take it easy, buddy," Summer said jokingly, causing me to chuckle. She never fails to make the worst situations happier. "Harry?" she asked, toying with the hem of the crisp, white sheets.

"Mm?" I mumbled, raising my eyes up to meet hers.

"What happened to me?" she glanced at me and then to the disorganized papers on the wooden side table.

"Err, broken ribs, broken leg, broken arm and bruising around the neck and head," I responded, reading the doctor's messy handwriting that was scribbled on the paperwork.

"Can you get the doctor? I have a massive chest pain," Summer winced, clutching her chest.

I obliged and scurried off to find Marie and the doctor. I jogged down the crowded halls, dodging nurses with trays that had God knows what on them. The barren walls gave off an eery look along with the dimly lit lights and peeling paint.

When I finally spotted Marie in the hall conversing with the doctor, I jogged over to them. I quickly said hello and introduced myself to the doctor. We chit chatted a bit, but soon I remembered what I found him for.

"Summer's awake and in pain, Doc," I notified him. His expression changed from giddy to serious. I glanced at the metallic name tag he adorned to catch his name. 'Dr. Martin' was etched into the metal plate in bold black lettering.

He nodded and brushed passed me to get to the hospital room quickly. I guided Marie down the corridors of the busy hospital as she watched the hustle and bustle of the speedy nurses.

"I was once a nurse," she spoke, shyly taking my hand. "Until Summer's father left."

"Really?" I asked. "Why'd you stop? You know being a nurse?"

Marie glanced side to side. "The hours were crazy, Harry. Summer hated being all alone at home twenty four seven. Her sister was gone and she was ten or eleven."

I nodded absorbing the information she had shared. The puzzle pieces began to fall into place. That's why Summer lost it at the airport. She was frightened of being home alone.

I could propose the idea of taking her with me, however, she's not stable enough and I doubt she will be for months. As a matter of fact, I'll be back before she's completely healthy.

I mentally groaned and continued to lead Marie through the mobbed halls.

When the two of us finally reached the room, Niall was sitting against the wall, snacking on some candy bars.

"Kicked me out," he shook his head, mouth overflowing with chocolate. "Very rude."

He scoffed, causing food to fall from his lips. I chuckled uneasily at the sight in front of me.

I peered into the window. Summer was in tears as Doctor Martin exited the room hastily. I studied him as he rushed down the hallway and out of sight.

Marie pushed open the door and made herself comfortable next to Summer. I followed and took a seat beside her in the exact chair I had left in the room before I went on a wild goose chase to find the doctor.

"What's wrong?" her mother asked, cautiously taking Summer's delicate hand and playing with her slender fingers.

Summer's P.O.V.

"I hate that doctor," I mumbled angrily as I tried to reposition myself comfortably on the stiff bed.

"Babe, I'm sure he's not too bad," Harry reasoned, peering at me with piercing green eyes. The use of the word 'babe' made my heart swell contently.

I groaned. "I bed to differ," I scoffed. "The doctor explained that..."

"That what?" Mom gazed at me with horror flashing through her blue eyes.

"That I have to have blood work and shots and tests done later today. You know how I detest those. They frighten the hell out of me." A lone tear slid down my pale cheek, but Harry swiped it away with the pad of his large thumb.

My mom cleared her throat, irritated by my word choice. I blushed quickly apologizing to her.

"Honey, everything will be okay, alright?" My mom comforted, tucking a stray hair behind my ear. "God will bestow you wings and make you another one of his angels."

"Thanks, Mom," I smiled, grasping her hand in a comforting way.

Harry mumbled something to himself, but I didn't catch it.

"Huh?" I hugged the sheets to my chest, relieved that I had taken the pain killers.

"I said you'll always be my angel with one wing," Harry replied, earning a confused glance from both Mom and I.

"You weren't supposed to make it out of that car crash alive, you know, but God gave you another chance at life. You see He sacrificed one of your wings in the accident in order for you to continue living, my love."

His reasoning was simple yet in a way it was complex. In certain ways, I was like a cat, but I had two lives not nine.

_________________________________________________________

Hey guys! In case you don't have a clue as to whats going on I'm gonna explain.

Okay so after Summer dropped Mia off at her house last chapter Mia said to them that she was leaving to go back to the US. (the currently live in England since the move with the boys)

Summer got into the accident after Harry landed in the US. Summers mom lives in the US so she flew over to the hospital in England before Harry did.

Summer was in an extreme crash so she was supposed to die, but according to Harry's metaphor she lived.

there you go!

-Summer