Chapter 20

Summer's P.O.V.

1 month later (after tour & Summer was released a week ago)

I rolled out of bed, literally, falling off the edge and landing on the carpeted floor of Harry's bedroom. Groaning, I picked my head up to check the time on the clock.

"Good thing I chose carpet and not HARD wood," a familiar voice chuckled from the door way.

Harry was leaned against the white door frame. His muscles contracted as he laughed, straightening his posture.

"Real funny wise guy, now help me up," I watched as Harry bent over, clutching his chest with his large palm.

"Alright, but that was...knee slapping hilarious," he joked, taking his hand and whacking it against his knee. "Ouch."

It was my turn to laugh due to the sole fact that his corny joke had backfired. Served him right.

Harry walked over to me scowling and offered me a hand since I was still stretched out across the bedroom floor.

"I'm in the mood for Chinese," Harry blurt, causing me to giggle at his cheesiness.

"For breakfast?" I accused, staring at him blankly. "I like the way you think, mister!"

I snatched my cell from the bureau and dialed the local Chinese restaurant for take out.

***

My stomach erupted with long, echoing growls. Curse words tumbled from my plump lips as I sat across from Harry on a bar stool.

"Hungry much?" Harry asked, smirking at my stomach's noises.

I nodded, plucking at the hairs that dotted my forearms. I leaned across the counter, grasping Harry's hands in mine.

I began toying around with his pointer finger, sensing Harry's gaze on my every action. I tugged at the ring on his right ring finger, frowning.

"What's this?" I lifted my eyes to meet his identical green ones still clutching his hands in mine.

"Gemma gave me it," he smiled in content. "It was a Christmas present last year. It's a sibling ring as she calls it."

I nodded in acknowledgment. Harry seemed very giddy as he described his sister. They truly did love each other despite the fights.

"What about your sister? Did she ever give you anything special?" Harry questioned, staring at me attentively.

I pursed my lips, deep in thought. "No, she was never around. After dad left she," I paused, taking in a shaky breath. "She left and never looked back. No birthday cards, no Christmas gifts, nothing."

"A call a month was all we received from her. Mom would record her voice and replay it for hours awaiting another call, but it never came. I recall slouching on the steps, listening to her constant sniffles and cries of hope."

I sobbed into my palms, trying to calm myself. It was now more than ever that I realized that my sister was not a huge influence on my life. As a child, I envied her choice in toys. However, she ran away at the age of thirteen and never looked back.

Harry had shifted to my side, running his hands up and down my spine rhythmically. I swiveled around on the chair to face him. Harry forcefully nudged open my thighs and stepped between them, tilting my chin up.

He began peppering soft kisses along my jawline, traveling to my tear stained cheeks and finally reaching the tip of my nose.

The door bell rang out, signaling the arrival of our take out. Harry's head shot up, however, his eyes remained locked on mine.

'Later,' he mouthed, sending a smile my way as he waltzed to the front door to retrieve our breakfast.

_____________________________________________________________

Sorry this is super duper short but I haven't updated in a while. The next one will be über long !

Promise. Only if this reaches 370+ reads!

-Summer