Summer - July 19th, 2016

Dear Miles Cade,

At 5:03pm my father, mother, Bradley, Ryker, and Riley all came into my room with puffy eyes and tears down their faces. Ryker had to speak for them because he was the only one that could manage to say anything to me and in that moment I knew, something terrible happened. He told me that there was a storm coming where you were traveling, there wasn't a way to send letters back because it would have been too dangerous for anyone to leave, and that wasn't even the worst part.

Your ship got swept up in a storm, but thank god that your captain managed to shot a flare in the sky for help because as I'm writing this, you and so many other passengers are in a coma or injured in a hospital. The moment I found out that you were in the hospital, in a coma, dear god Miles my heart shattered. I'm still crying while writing this and it's not fair that it had to happen to you.

My family, Riley, Ryker, and I of course are going to take a plane to the hospital you're staying at tomorrow to visit you. I'm going to keep writing these letters, not because I told you I would, but because it's my only way of keeping composed about this entire thing.

Miles I know you're alive and when you wake up you'll read these letters. You'll have an injured laugh about how I was being silly because of course you're going to end up fine. You have to end up fine.

Dammit Miles, I should have told you my feelings in person. I should have never let you go.

I'll write you always.

I'll stay with you and love you always,

Piper Cheyenne