Summer - July 5th, 2016

Dear Miles Cade,

Two days left until your birthday and still no letter back from you. I'm sending the gift now because it'll take that long to get to you. I really do hope you like it.

You know, this reminds me of the first fight we had and it was my entire fault. It was back in junior year, you were talking to this girl, I forgot her name, and it was obvious you two were flirting. A lot. A lot of flirting that made me want to puke. I was so annoyed at you that day that when it came to going off campus for lunch I did what you had least expected.

I poured a smoothie all over your head.

You kept asking me repeatedly why I did it and to tell you the truth I was jealous. I didn't like that another girl had your attention. The way you gave her that classic smirk I thought I only saw.

It doesn't matter now. It was just a memory I like to think back about sometimes. I remember how you forgave me, I let you pour a smoothie on me back and from then on I tried to hide my jealously.

Shit. I just admitted that I still get jealous. Okay, I'm just going to end this letter here before I admit anymore embarrassing things.

I'll write you soon.

I'll still be here always,

Piper Cheyenne