Chapter 5- What are we running from...?

Abi’s POV

There was shaking.

Really violent shaking.

I looked around frantically, trying to find something to duck under. I always knew what to do In case of a natural disaster striking either here or on holiday. Everyone in my family knew because of ME! Oh Lauren! Where is she? I knew I should have just stayed with her. I’m so stupid! Revenge was in my head when I thought of that and an earthquake never came into mind. Well why would it! This is England, earthquakes never happen here! I hope Lauren remembered this was our favourite sweet shop.

She was there.

Outside staring back at me, wait the ground.

 I looked down and there it was.

A huge crack was heading towards the shop at an alarming speed. Damn! Without thinking, I ran from underneath the table and kicked the door. It was only a few metres away. If I jump then I could survive but I might fall into the crack causing death. If I stayed in the shop and kept to one side I might survive or face death again.  

Any ways not ending in death possibly?????

I went with the outside option because the crack was only 5 metres away. Breathe in and out. Breathe in and out. I kept doing that thinking to my self I can make. I heard people screaming and shouting things.

“Save the young girl”

“I’m not risking my life for a stranger”

“I CAN HEAR YOU!!!!”

I was angry. I’m not deaf! I was running so hard; it felt like the sole of my shoes were worn out completely.

“Abi, Abi I am over here!”

I could recognise that voice over the panicked screaming and shouting. Lauren.

I didn’t realise I was long gone from the crack but I kept on running. When I thought i was safe, I stopped, trying to catch my breath. I saw Lauren running over to me; the look on her face said it all I was in for earful of her non stop yelling.

“ABIGAIL O’BRIAN” great here it comes she only uses my full name when I’ve seriously pissed her off.

WHAT THE HELL WAS YOU THINKING OF WHEN YOU RAN OFF LIKE THAT! YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO GROW UP AND….”

Lauren stopped yelling and was cut off I looked up to her face and she was staring off into the distance all wide eyed. I followed her gaze and then realized what she was staring at it was a group of people running towards us frantically but we didn’t know why.

“Lauren….?” My voice was shaky I didn’t know what to do my body just froze.

Then I suddenly felt my feet moving I was being dragged recklessly along the road by Lauren. I had completely zoned out and I didn’t even realise how long we were running for.  When Lauren stopped I took that as my chance to ask her what was going on.

“Hey Lauren”

“Abi are you fine? Did you get hurt? Tell me your legs fine…” Lauren was genuinely worried I could tell by the look in her eyes but why? She said hurt? What does she mean?

“Lauren what do you mean hurt?”

She started laughing. I just rolled my eyes and looked away.

“Abi you dropped a while back when we were running your leg was badly grazed and there was a lot of blood…”

I cut her off again because my mind trailed off to the question of why were we running in the first place?

And before I could ask Lauren was gone…..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys please please VOTE! and I really want to know what you guys think of the story so far so please COMMENT!

 Also pic of the mum(Elizabeth) on the side>>>>>>

and if you guys have any suggestions of what should happen please let me know xD