Chapter 27- The Video-Chat

Abi's POV-

*2 months later*

It's been 2 months since we've come on this island and I have loved every minute of it! We can talk about my fun adventures later because now is the time Clement had predicted. I feel so sorry for all those people who are going to die, but I bet few will survive and re-build the world bit by bit, and we'll go searching for them and they can choose if they want to come with us or stay.

"Reports of a landslide in China, more information after the break"

"Dad, it's started"

"I know sweetie, but we're safe so we'll be alright"

I sighed, obviously knowing that, and made my way to the cave. I came here to think most of the time, and to have fun, but mostly think. I brought my laptop with me to research and also keep in touch with my friends at home.

I felt so bad knowing there was a huge chance they'll die and I didn't tell them anything! I told Tanya, not about the island, but about the disasters and stuff. I think she moved to the countryside too, she didn't tell me but I know for sure she believed me.

I heard giggling and I then realised 2 things; I forgot to check the whole cave and I'm not alone. I went down the stairs to the 'Jacuzzi' and saw Melissa and Jason together. I swear they have been inseparable since they confessed there feelings for each other. I slowly backed away, knowing they had not seen me. If I hear anything I wasn't meant to, I will go down there and slap them with my... shoe!

It's so strange; I have this weird feeling inside of me that something is not right. I just can't explain it. I quickly brushed the thought aside because my friend, Natalie wanted to video chat.

"Hey Natalie!"

"Hey Abi"

"Gosh, I've missed you so much!"

"I know so have I! By the way, where are you sitting?"

"Oh it's a cave"

"A cave? WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A CAVE?!?! AND WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"Oh well we're on...holiday! And this cave is a comfortable spot to chill, here look"

I showed her around the place by pointing my laptop in all directions. I also showed her the 'Jacuzzi'.

"Oh and that's Melissa and Jason, her boyfriend"

"Damn, he's hot!"

"Yep! So how are you anyway?"

"I'm good how about you?"

"Same"

"I'm getting really scared about all these disasters happening! There was a flash flood not to far from town"

"Yeah. Well about that..."

"Sorry but I need to go now! Talk later and you can tell me what you were saying!"

"Okay, where you going?"

"To my grandma's house, she lives in Wales by the coast"

"No Nat, I need to tell you something RIGHT NOW!!!"

"Have to wait until later, I'm taking my laptop so don't worry"

"Fine, bye"

"Bye"

I can't believe I lied about the holiday thing and now I think she's going to die! She's going to the coast. That's really dangerous! Only if we had enough time, I would have warned her! URG! I HATE IT! I so desperately want to see if she video chats me again... I just want to see if she's alive after the journey.

I decided not to panic, I'm pretty sure she's going to be alright. I left the cave and went home and left my laptop there. I went to the beach; it was quite late so I was the only one here. I was nice and relaxed and I wished everyone I loved was with me, safe. We should have warned more people...Why didn't we?

*******************************