Chapter 10- Please say yes...

Jim's POV

I tried not to cry.

I wanted to control myself.

Coming out here to the cottage reminded me more of Elizabeth. Now that Lauren and Melissa are out and Abi is on her laptop I can finally let out everything I was holding back. Why did you have to die Elizabeth???? Why didn't you listen to me! Crying won't bring her back but if it did then I would cry until there were no more tears, until my eyes were red.

"DAD!!"

That was Lauren. I wiped away the tears as fast as I could. I glanced in the mirror and it looked like I wasn't crying.

"Yes?"

"The stream... the fish..."

"Breathe and tell me clearly"

"Well me and Melissa went down to the stream."

"And I suggested to start fishing so Lauren and me walked down and we saw..."

"Fish floating on the top, dead"

"So??"

"Well there were so many and that's not natural"

She had a point.

"Well..."

"Toxins in the stream may have caused it or something else"

I was unaware of Abi standing there.

"I will see if there is a nuclear plant or any other building capable of producing toxic waste"

Well I guess I didn't have to do anything to resolve that matter.

"Yep, just has I thought, a nuclear plant miles from here are dumping waste in the stream"

"You girls can go back outside but no touching or drinking the water, understood!?"

"Of course Dad"

"Yes Mr O Brien"

"Call me Jim"

Abi's POV-

I found out Clement is alive. That's good. He is in Lumick Mental Asylum. That's not far from here. On foot it will take an hour. By transport 30 minutes. Well I guess i will stick with the hour then. Opening times are 9-7. I could just lie I am his niece or something so they'll let me in but usually an adult is required. Dad would NEVER allow me so maybe Lauren or Melissa?

This can't wait any longer, my life, my family's life and my friend's life is in danger. I just have to find the courage to ask them.

"Dad, I am going to go to the stream"

"Ok then, come back soon and tell the girls that to"

"Sure, bye"

Lauren and Melissa were lying on the ground looking at the sky.

"That cloud looks like a teapot"

"Well that one looks like a ghost"

I lay down beside Lauren and joined in.

"That cloud looks like a shoe!"

They both were frightened.

"When did you get here?"

"Just now"

"Oh, you scared us"

"Awkward"

We sat there chatting for 10 minutes when I remembered my mission.

"Um Lauren, Melissa can I ask you guys something?"

"Yeah sure"

"Well I want the both of you to accompany me"

"Where?"

"Lumick Mental Asylum..."

"Why would you want to go there, finally realized something is wrong with you!"

I punched Lauren hard.

"No, I realized something wrong with you and I signed you up!"

"Ok... tell us why"

"Well I was doing research about these disasters and it all led to 1 man called Clement McDonald"

"He is admitted in the hospital and I wanted to pay him a visit but I need someone over 16 to come with me"

"Ok..."

"We will have to lie about being a relative or something and I beg you DO NOT TELL DAD!!!!"

"Well me and Melissa will think about it and we will tell you soon"

She is SO annoying. Can't she just tell me straight away? This is the fate of the world here. Maybe I should tell her that.

"Hey, no pressure but the world and your lives hang on this very decision"

I just really hope they say yes...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi again,

On the 4th of February I will be on holiday and coming back on the 18th. I will upload a few more chapters so I will keep you readers occupied.

But for now- Vote, Comment and Fan!!!! :D

-ZombieFreak-