Chapter 8- Preparing

Lauren’s POV

Mum died.

She just closed her eyes… forever.

“Lauren, Abi, let go of the body”

Why was dad saying that?

“Why?”

“Because these people are collecting bodies and they are coming for your mother”

“But dad we can’t just let them take her!”

Abi was quick to say that.

“I know, they will take down our address and give her back”

I watched as they took her and I didn’t want to move.

“Let’s go home”

The car journey was quiet. It was quite awkward. When we got home we immediately put on the news.

“Reports of an Earthquake of magnitude 7.1 happened today”

“WOW, I didn’t know that!”

This is really not the time to be sarcastic Abi! No matter the circumstances, sarcasm is always coming out of her mouth.

“News of a tsunami hitting the east coast of America, New York destroyed!”

“Well what do we do?”

I was confused.

“Well I think we should prepare”

“For what Abi?”

“Well an earthquake here, tsunami in New York, something tells me there’s more to come”

She had a point.

“Yeah, Abi your right”

This was the first I heard dad speak after the car journey.

“We have first aid kits so that’s fine, flashlights yeah but we should have more food and water”

 “Ok then”

Beans, noodles water flashlights and many more were at our home. We had metal golf clubs and baseball bats so weapon wise we were fine. Abi was packing our bags and said we should head to the country side. We did visit there often and we rent a cottage there in our holidays sometimes but mostly we go abroad.

“HELP ME PACK!!!!”

Annoying girl. She took control of the whole thing and NOW she needs help.

“You should have said!!”

Abi punched my arm and told me what to do. Very soon we will be ready. But for what?????

“Abi….”

“Lauren, answer me first”

“Ok then”!

“What were we running from?”

“Umm well be were running from a falling building because there was an aftershock”

“Oh you should have told meeeee!”

Freaky child!

“So what were you going to say then Lauren?”

“That, well why are we going away?”

“Disaster Protection”

Just then Melissa called me. I put it on speaker.

“Lauren… you there?”

“Yeah!!”

“I don’t know what to do because my parents have just gone and Amy is staying at mines and we are SCARED”

“Come over and tell me everything”

I wonder where Melissa parents are and how they could just leave her like that……