Chapter 17- The discovery

Laurens POV-

My phone was ringing.

“Hello!”

“Hi Lauren, Melissa was in accident involving shelves and I’m currently taking her to the hospital so catch a bus or taxi to come see us”

I faked a shocked reaction.

“Oh no, Melissa!! Is she alright??? Of course we’ll come!!!”

“Yeah she’s fine bye”

“Bye”

We caught a bus and then walked for 10 minutes to the hospital. It was quite far away from our house. I hoped Melissa was alright.

As we walked into the hospital, there were lots of people everywhere. So many injured or dead people were beings moved around every minute. Perhaps there was another disaster.

“Come Abi, I don’t want you to get lost like last time!”

“Ok, calm down Lauren!!”

We quickly found Melissa and Jason.

“How are you Melissa?” I tried to sound as concerned as possible.

“Fine, its just that none of the doctors seem to available!” 

“Well let me sort that problem out for you!”

“No Abi! I do not want you swearing or hitting any of the doctors!!”

“Fine… i will go get a chocolate bar from the vending machine, any one else want something?”

“Yeah, I want a chocolate bar too”

“Ok Jason, money”

“Ok then” Jason handed Abi some money and Abi walked off.

“Well I’m going to something about this because you have been sitting here for…”

“15 minutes”

“Ok thanks, you’ve been sitting here 15 minutes and that’s too long so I will be right back!”

I walked away from them and went to the front desk.

“Excuse me”

“Yes miss?”

“Well my friend has been waiting 15 minutes for a doctor to see her and I would like to know when it will happen.”

“I’m sorry you have to wait 3 hours because some disaster has happened and we are getting patients all the time”

“Ok then”

I sighed loudly. Now what will I do? Just that moment Abi came with 2 chocolate bars and 1 drink.

“Hi!”

“Hi Abi, I want to tell you something but give Jason his chocolate bar first.”

“Ok”

Abi walked fast to Jason, gave it to him and walked back.

“I’m back!!”

“Ok, I’m going to find a doctor because Melissa does need one so I need you to distract the other people”

“Yay! I can do that in my sleep!”

“Freaky child”

We walked over to a doctor’s room but noticed the lady at the front desk was there. She was obviously flirting with him. I looked at Abi and noticed her munching her chocolate bar.

“Are you done?”

“Yes”

I nodded at her and she walked towards them.

“I lost my mummy!!” Abi faked tears and it was actually working.

“Let me take you somewhere quiet. Tell me how she looks like”

“I WANT MY MUMMY!!!”

 Abi ignored the question and continued crying. The woman took her but before she left she said to the doctor ‘call me’.

I was about to approach the doctor when the security guard started talking to him. I quickly ran into his room, quietly closing the door behind me.

It stank of dead bodies. I struggled to find the light switch. I thought I felt it when I tripped over something.

“Damn!”

I finally found the light switch. When the light came on, I saw something which was like a scene from a horror movie. Dead bodies EVERYWHERE!! I realised I was not in the doctors room but a morgue. My phone rang and I got so scared I fell and landed 2 cm away from a dead man.

“Hello”

“Hi Lauren, have you found a doctor yet?”

“No Melissa, I’m currently in a morgue”

“Why??”

“Well long story, will explain later”

“Isn’t it creepy surrounded by dead bodies?”

“Yeah, I almost fell on one!”

“Ha! What if they come alive as zombies and eat you?”

“Very funny (!) You would die too, as your leg is injured!”

“No need for sarcasm and whatever, Jason can carry me!”

“Ok, he can do that, I will hang up now, I think the conversation between the doctor and security guard is almost over”

“Security guard? I so want to know the long story!”

“Yeah, later. I have to go, bye!”

“Bye, take care- ZOMBIES!!”

I laughed and hung up. I put my ear next to the door and realised yet another person was there. Seriously! Why don’t they shut up!

I was slowly exploring when I saw a blond girl. I walked closer, pushing other dead bodies out my way. Who was she? I turned the body so I was facing me and what I saw made my knees wobble. I fell to the ground.

It was Amy. ..