Chapter 15- The Phonecall

Jason’s POV-

I’m really glad I opened the door and decided not to ignore it. If I sat in my room, playing on my laptop, I wouldn’t have met Abi, the chatty, funny 12 year old girl. I can certainly say I have never met someone like her!

Lauren, the funny girl who is set on hooking me and Melissa up and I don’t really mind!

Lastly, Melissa. Oh what can I say about her? She is absolutely stunning! I love her voice and her personality. She is totally my type! I think I’m falling for her!!

Anyway, when Abi told me why they moved here, I was SO happy. I personally thought I was crazy when I found out about the disasters but more people like me are here!!

They took it 1 step further and visited a man called Clement McDonald.  I had heard of him but I never really thought he would be much use.

They also told me that we’re we are is safe but for now. I guess me and my parents will go to the island too. Well Melissa does need protecting! Why do I keep thinking about her??

*The Next Day*

Laurens POV-

I woke up in the morning to the delicious smell of bacon and sausages. I walked into the kitchen and saw dad cooking. I sat down of the table and pretty soon Abi and Melissa came in the room.

“Yum! That smells nice”

“Glad you said that Abi, I spent a lot of time cooking this for you”

They all sat on the table and started eating.

“Lauren, Amy called you yesterday when you went to Jason’s house”

I immediately looked at Melissa and laughed. She started blushing and dad gave us weird looks.

“Am I missing something?”

Abi said smiling at Lauren:

“Well, when we went to Jason’s house, Melissa and h…”

Before Abi could finish her sentence, Melissa jumped up and slapped her hand over Abi’s mouth. 

“Anyway, I’m going into town so I need you guys to do the shopping. The money and the list is on the table in my room so go as soon as possible”

Saying that, dad left the table and went to his car.

“Bye!”

I finished eating and Abi finished eating soon after. She walked into mine and Melissa room and we discussed how to get to the shops.

“Dad took the car so how do we get there Lauren?” 

“Well… we could phone Jason!”

“Yeah! Melissa’s still eating so make it quick!”

I dialled his number and he answered happily. I told him to meet us outside our house in 5 minutes. We rushed downstairs and found Melissa watching TV.

“So how we going to get to the shops?” Melissa asked, her gaze never leaving the TV.

Just as we were about to say something, the doorbell rang. We and Abi had massive smiles on our faces.

“Um, Melissa can you get that, we are busy”

“Sure”

Melissa opened the door and the look on her face was priceless. She slammed the door shut and me and Abi fell to the floor laughing.

“You guys knew about this!?!”

Abi and me could not stop laughing so Melissa was forced to open the door again.

“I’m so sorry, ermm the door is a bit… umm it’s new from Japan…err and it has a mind of its own… I’m going to stop talking now”

“Hello to you to?” Jason said with a big grin on his face.

“Oh yeah, Hi Jason, why are you here?”

“Well Lauren and Abi invited me and as I’m 18 I can legally drive!”

“Cool”

Me and Abi got our bags and rushed to the back seat of the car and locked the doors. Melissa realised that and had no choice but to sit at the front with Jason.  She mouthed to us:

“I hate you!”

We mouthed back:

“But Jason loves you and you love him!!” 

Melissa was about to mouth something back but Jason came into the car. He started the car and me and Abi decided to put our headphones it. This forced Melissa to speak to Jason. Mine and Abi’s headphones were playing no music because we wanted to hear the conversation.

“So Jason, are you a new driver?”

“Yeah, I passed my test and couple of weeks ago”

“Cool that gives you a lot of freedom right?”

“Yeah, it does”

“Well I, Lauren and Abi don’t get much freedom because the car isn’t available all the time”

“I will be available all the time for you… um Lauren and Abi too” Jason looked embarrassed.

Me and Abi smiled to ourselves.

“Thanks for saying that, means a lot that you would actually drive us anywhere”

“Yeah, so tell me about yourself”

The conversation continued like that, them 2 bonding and it was obvious they were perfect for each other! We arrived at the shops and I remembered I had to call Amy back.

“Hey Amy!”

“Hi Lauren”

“How are you?”

“I’m fine, how about you?”

“Yeah, we are shopping and we met this new guy called Jason and him and Melissa are PERFECT for each other!”

“Cool, sounds interesting! I so should be there!”

“Oh yeah, you want to come and visit?”

“Yeah sure!!”

“Ok, text me the details!”

“Yeah definitely!”

“So, this Jason, is he hot?”

“He totally is! But he’s not my type!”

“What is your type??”

“Well he has to be…”  I was going to continue when I thought I heard lots of water rushing at the other end of the phone. Before I could say anything, the phone cut off.

That left me wondering, what happened to Amy and why did she suddenly hang up the phone?

*******************************************************************

ENJOY!!!! :)