Chapter 6-My only regret

Elizabeth’s POV

“Honey, do you think Lauren and Abi are fine?”

“Yes of course darling, we don’t need to pester are daughters!”

Jim is just the best. Our wedding anniversary was coming up soon so he treated me to a lovely lunch. It was an ‘insight’ to the real thing.

“After lunch we will be going shopping because I would like to treat you”

“Well I guess I have to eat my lunch fast because I would like some new shoes!”

I had just finished when I felt shaking.

“Jim, did you feel that?”                        

“It was the ground shaking”

“Precisely but here there are no earthquakes”

I started panicking. My heart was pounding so hard I could literally hear it.

“Calm down Eliza….”

Jim’s voice was cut off by people screaming and objects falling. He grabbed my hand and he pushed me under the table we were eating on. He shortly followed.

“Jim. What do we do?”

“Ummm we wait”

Jim said that quietly, like he wasn’t sure. We could hear constant pounding on the table on top of us. I was terrified of the table breaking but I surprisingly held well. All of a sudden it stopped.

I stuck my head out from underneath the table.

It seemed fine.

“Elizabeth, come back NOW!!!”

“Just wait a second”

Just then the roof came crashing down onto me.

“ELIZABETH!!!!”

I heard Jim shout my name but all I could feel was pain. My body ached.

“Jim….”

“Oh Elizabeth, you should have listened”

“Jim… tells the girls… I love them”

“Honey, don’t say that, you will get through this!”

“Call them…please” I was so hard to talk but I forced myself for this may be my final words.

“Ok”

He got out his phone and dialled the number. My mind searched for things to say to them. Abi was only 12 and losing her mother so young. Tears filled my eyes. I looked up at Jim’s and his were just the same. Lauren could take care of Abi but I don’t want this responsibility forced upon her. Why didn’t I listen to Jim! If I had regrets in my life, that would be the only one. I thought about all the happy moments I experienced.  When I first met Jim, my wedding day, giving birth to Abi and Lauren, childhood memories. I don’t want to die yet.

Not with everything I have got in my life.

Please not now……….

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Pic of the dad(Jim) on the side>>>>>>

Please comment, vote and fan

I will upload soon but in the meantime, tell me what you think because your thoughts count!!!!!! :D