Chapter 18- Please get me out of here!

Melissa’s POV-

Lauren was in a morgue. How crazy could she get? How did the search for a doctor end in being surrounded by dead people?

“Hey Jason?”

“Yes Melissa?”

“I just called Lauren and she told me she was in a morgue and something about a security guard”

“Security guard? Are you sure you don’t want me to go there?”

“I’m sure but do you know where Abi went?”

“No… ask Lauren”

Just then we saw the receptionist with a crying Abi walking past and going into a little room.

“Did you just see what I just saw Jason?”

“Yes, I’m going to get Abi so stay here”

I saw Jason walking and he put his ear next to the door. I really want to know what was going on.

Abi’s POV-

The receptionist or Andrea as she told me to call her led me into a small room. I was trying to think of things to say and how to get out of this. Maybe I could text Jason?

“Um, what’s your name?”

“My name is Abi”

“Ok Abi, I need you to stay calm and tell me your story”

“Ok Andrea, well I was walking and I was ahead of my mum and brother and I turned back and they weren’t there!!!”

I needed to get her out the room so I could text Jason or my ‘brother’.

“I’m thirsty too!”

“Well let me get you something to drink and we’ll think about what to do”

She walked out the room and I texted Jason fast:

‘Help, stuck in office by the front desk, pretend you’re my brother and act like I was lost. No time to explain, just play along and PLEASE GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!

I quickly put my phone away and Andrea entered the room with a glass of water. I took it and drank it slowly.

“Are you feeling better now?”

“Yes I am, is this the place where lost children come?”

“Yes, why do you ask?”

“Well maybe my brother or mum might ask the security guard and he might tell them about this room and they might come here!”

“Yeah, good idea, let me contact the security guard and ask him”

Just as she was about to pick up the phone, Jason walked in. I had a huge smile on my face and I ran and hugged him.

“Oh Jason, you’re here! I thought I was lost forever”

“Yeah, I’m really happy to see you too, I would never leave this hospital because I know my little sister is in here somewhere.”

“Oh so your Abi’s brother?”

“Yes I am and who are you if I may ask?”

“I’m Andrea, the receptionist who found Abi”

“Well I think we should get going so thank you Andrea and have a good day”

“Ok, bye Jason and Abi”

“Bye Andrea” I said in the sweetest voice possible.

I was glad to be out of that room and away from her!

“Thanks a lot Jason!!”

“Yeah, no problem, but how did you end up there?”

“Well, I saw Lauren and she wanted to talk to the doctor but Andrea was flirting with him so I was the distraction . I shouted I want my mummy and faked tears and that’s how I ended up there”

“Yeah, well while you were there, Lauren has found herself in a morgue”

“A morgue?” Ok.. has she come back yet?”

“Nope, but she will come back soon”

I followed Jason and I sat down on the chairs. I talked to them to keep my mind off Lauren. I really hope she’s ok and she has completed her mission.

Lauren’s POV-

Amy? How could it be her? I was talking to her when… the water. It must have been a flood or tsunami. It’s my entire fault!

I should have asked her to live with us. Otherwise she would have not died. I have to tell Melissa and Abi. They’ll be wondering where I am. Let me talk to the doctor first.

I walked out the room and knocked on the doctors door. I walked in and saw him sitting there.

“Excuse me?”

“Yes, hello, how may I help you?”

“Well it’s not me who you need to help, it’s my friend”

“Ok, what happened”

“She broke her leg or I think it’s broken and she has been waiting very long”

“Ok, I will treat her, just bring her here”

“Ok, be back soon, bye”

“Bye”

I walked slowly, thinking about what to say to them. Me, Melissa and Amy were best friends and in Melissa’s condition, I don’t think I should tell her yet. But when should I say it?