Chapter 20- Time to confess

Abi’s POV-

The ground was shaking. It was an earthquake!

“Run to the table!”

I went under the table and helped Melissa and then Jason. I noticed there was no more room for Lauren. I saw her panicking. I got out from under the table, grabbed Laurens hand and I ran towards my room.

“Abi, what are you doing?”

“There’s a table in my room so I’m taking us there.”

I realised the shaking was becoming more violent and my book shelf looked as if would fall any second. We made it under the table and I saw all my books crash onto the table above us and then on the floor.

Lauren was shaking and so was I. All of a sudden the shaking stopped. Remembering what happened to mum I called out to Melissa and Jason.

“Melissa, Jason do not move, I repeat DO NOT MOVE!!”

“Ok Abi”

We waited for several minutes and I decided it was safe. Me and Lauren slowly made our way and walked to Melissa and Jason.

“Wow that was close….”

The ground started shaking again. Damn, an aftershock! Me and Lauren ran back and this time stayed under the table for 10 minutes. Even though the aftershock lasted 2 minutes we wanted to be sure.

“Hey Abi, Lauren?” I was glad to hear Melissa’s voice!

“Yes, we’re here! Are you and Jason alright, Lauren and me are”

“Yeah, no injuries, do you think we should come out now?”

“Umm, I think…. Abi tell them”

“Well yes but be careful”

As I slowly got out from underneath the table, I noticed the house in a messy state. The roof and doors were fine but the photos, shelves, cupboards and more were wrecked. We really need to tell Dad about Clement and the disasters.

Dad. I forgot about him. Where is he? Is he safe? Has he… died? No!

“Lauren, Dad!”

“Oh yeah, let me call him”

“Well you can try but its likely that power and water will be limited.”

Lauren dialled Dad’s number and put it on speaker. Nothing. He did not answer.

“Ok… Abi do not panic, he’s probably lost his phone”

“Well I think we should search for him”

“No Melissa, its dangerous out there, who knows how it is, I think dad would want us to stay inside”

I spoke the truth. Dad always told us that if something happened like a disaster, stay indoors and if he never came back give it a day and then look for him.

“Well ok then…”

Just then the door opened and we saw dad.

“DAD!”

“Hi, are you all alright?”

“Yes dad, are you?”

“Yeah I’m fine; I was in a supermarket buying the groceries when it struck. I was safe though”

“Good, but groceries? We were meant to buy them”

I was really curious why he was there, did he not trust us?

“Well Lauren texted me while all of you were in the hospital”

“Oh”

I looked at Lauren, raising my eyebrows. She mouthed:

“What! I had to!”

I mouthed back:

“Whatever!”

We all spent hours cleaning up and putting everything away. I had to admit, I wanted to be in Melissa’s position. She was sitting on the sofa and got offered sweets or hot chocolate whilst we worked!

Jason went home after 2 hours so it was just me, Lauren and Dad cleaning up.

“Dad, I’m tired!”

“Fine, I’ll finish off, you all get some sleep”

I said goodnight and went into my room. Lauren texted me.

“Hey you awake?”

‘Yup!’

‘I think we should tell dad tomorrow’

‘Exactly! He deserves to know about clement and the disasters’

‘Yeah, me you and Melissa’

‘I was thinking the same, well night’

‘Goodnight’

I found it hard to sleep. I was still thinking back to the earthquake and the aftershock. How close to death we were. We really need to get to the island. Maybe Clement could come with us. We should write a letter back. I would do it in the morning.

*****

I looked at the time and it was 8am. I decided to get started on the letter. I found some paper and got my pen and began to write.

‘Dear.

            Clement,

                           I was thinking if you could be able to come to the island with us. It would be very nice. We decided to tell our dad today as there was an earthquake yesterday. I hope your alright and please write back as soon as possible.  

                                                            Love Abi

I put it in an envelope and wrote the address and put a stamp on there. I left it on the table and made my way to Lauren and Melissa’s room.

“Hey Lauren!”

“Hi Abi, are you ready?”

“Yeah, definitely, Melissa are you?

“Yeah come on”

We walked into the kitchen and found dad cooking.

“Hey girls, take a seat and breakfast will be served”

We took a seat and started eating. I was the first to speak.

“Dad, we need to tell you something and you have to believe us”

“Ok… tell me”

“Well… I was doing some research and I found out about a man called Clement McDonald and Melissa and Lauren and I went to see him and he told us about the disasters.”

Lauren then took over:

“He gave us a key and we went to his apartment and found a piece of paper which tells us the safe place on Earth to go”

Then Melissa:

“Yeah so yesterday the earthquake got us all thinking we should tell you and we should go to the island as soon as possible so there’s our story!”

We all looked at dad and saw his looking back at us. I really want to know what he says………….

***************************

Enjoy everyone! :D

Comment, Vote and Fan!

But for now…

BYE!  :P