Chapter 12- Clement McDonald

Abi's POV-

I could feel Melissa and Lauren shaking. Call me weird but I was excited. One reason was because I have never seen a mental person in the flesh but the more practical reason was because this could save the world. I counted down the rooms in my head.

502, 503, 504, 505.

The room. His room.

I opened the door and found a woman sitting there. We looked further into the room and found no one else. Perhaps the woman in the front desk gave us the wrong room.

"We're so sorry, we were looking for a man called Clement McDonald but I guess this is the wrong room. "

"No, this is his room; he has just gone to the toilet"

"Ok"

"I'm the nurse and who are you if I may ask?"

"Well we are his nieces"

Just as we said that a man who looked like he was in his late fifties walked into the room.

"Clement, your nieces are here to see you"

"Oh, Uncle Clem, we haven't seen you in a long time."

Lauren and Melissa gave me a scary glare. Did I say something wrong?

"Well I guess I should leave you guys alone"

The nurse left and there was an awkward silence.

"Well, I certainly don't know you and you are not my nieces so who are you?"

How could we explain???

"Well I don't know if you are aware of this but recent disasters around the world suggest that your theories were right"

I tried to remember everything I planned to say.

"Oh so that's why you're here"

"Yes and please can you just tell us what might or is going to happen and we can get out of this...place"

I don't even need to look up to see who that was because by the way it was said it could only be Melissa.

"Ignore her, just get down what you need Abi and let's go"

"Let's exchange names first. I figured out the younger one is Abi so who are the rest of you?"

"Well I am Lauren and she is Melissa"

"Ok then, Abi, Lauren, Melissa take a seat because you will be here for a long time"

Melissa's POV-

As much as this was possibly life saving, it was terrifying. No one, not even Lauren knows why this visit is something which I hate. I personally have nothing against Clement; it is just that it was all because of my grandma.

I knew she had mental problems and she would be fine most times but one time it just happened. I don't know why but she had a fit. She attacked me and I was scared from then on and I just keep thinking Clement or any other patients might suddenly attack us. I carried on listening to there conversation, not bothering to join in.

"At first, it would happen slowly, too slowly for people to notice but gradually those certain people would figure it out"

"Then, more and more people will know what is happening and it will be all over the news!"

"But that bit hasn't happened yet" Lauren said, thinking no one else knew that.

"Yeah we know, Clem, just continue"

"Well then that would spark a HUGE panic and riots would start over food, water, medicine and other things and the army would get involved and it would just be hell on earth"

"On top on all that, the disasters would come but they won't continue forever"

"So, where is a safe place to be?"

I guess I actually do want to get involved.

"Well I don't remember but..."

Just then the nurse walked in.

"I think that has been long enough, Clement just say bye to your family and then it will be time for your medicine"

It had only been 25 minutes!!

"Ok then nurse, let me just pass them a necklace there aunt would want them to have"

Lauren's POV-

Clement took something from his bag and held it tightly in his hand. He signalled for me and Abi to come closer and he whispered in our ears.

"This is a key to my apartment; number is 26 and there you would find the location to the safe place."

"How far away is it?"

"15 minutes away from here and make sure you go there"

He handed me the key and he said goodbye. We walked down the stairs and slowly out the hospital.

I looked at the time and it was one o'clock. 20 minutes left until dad would come.

"Well we have 20 minutes until Dad comes so let's make our way back"

We went to the café next to the place where dad told us to meet. We all got hot chocolate and chocolate cake. I finally had a place to digest everything which has just happened.

"That was just amazing"

I never thought that would actually happen.

"I know, I thought he wouldn't play along, he would just kick us out but Lauren he was actually a decent guy"

"Exactly. Not a single sign of mental problems in him"

"Lauren, Abi, when will be actually visit his apartment?"

"Well dad comes into town every Sunday so we could go next week"

Just then, Dad's car came into sight. We finished everything off and went to him.

"Had fun?"

"Yeah, we explored the town and saw new things"

"Cool, I think we should head back, its getting late"

*********

At night I found it hard to sleep. Lots of things were running through my head and I was busy planning our visit next week.

I wish mom was here. She would know what to do.

Thinking about her made me cry. I eventually fell asleep on a wet pillow, not knowing what to expect the next morning.

******************

Pic of clement on the side>>>>>>>