The Interview (Corey Imagine)

"I need to find someone to do an interview with me for the kids charity. It has to be a baseball player." You complain to your best friend. "I don't have much time. I've held it off too long."
"Hey what about Corey? You guys are friends and you know he would do anything for you. Ask him." She suggests wiggling her eyebrows.
"But I might freeze up around him."
See, you've liked Corey since he first got called up by the Dodgers. He moved to Los Angeles to play and you two instantly became friends and he lived in your apartment up until November. Eventually friendship led to something more for you. But of course he had a girlfriend back in North Carolina. She's always been a bitch. Personally you think she tries to hard. She has always hated you for being close to Corey. She believes that he shouldn't have any friends that are girls.
"No you won't, you'll be fine." She assures.
"He's probably too busy. Plus even if he agrees to do the interview, Madisyn will probably stop him because she doesn't like me."
"You're calling him." Y/F/N grabbed your phone and dialed his number.
"Stop!"
"Hey Corey? Y/N needs to ask you something but she was too chicken to call you." After telling Corey that she hands over the phone and walks into the kitchen. She practically lives in the kitchen.
"Hi Y/N. What do you need?" He asks cheerfully.
"I wanted to see if you'd like to do any interview with me on Saturday for this kids charity that I'm running..." You pause. "If you're too busy it's okay."
"No I'm not busy. I'd love too! Send me the details."
"Thank you so much!" You mentally cheer.
"No problem."
Y/F/N pops her head from the kitchen. "I told you he'd say yes."
////
Corey's POV
"Who were you on the phone with just now?" Madisyn asks. She was down in LA for the Home Run Derby and ASG.
"It was Y/N."
"Oh..what did she want?" Madisyn asked with a sour face.
"She asked if I wanted to do an interview with her for a kids charity."
"Corey, you better have told her no. You know I don't like her." Madisyn said.
"Madisyn, it's for kids. I've already told her yes." I sigh.
"I don't care. You are going to call her back right now and tell her that your manager said you have to cancel." She demands handing me my phone.
"No can do. Sorry Maddy."
She stormed away clearly pissed at me for telling her no.
///
Your POV
*the day of the charity*
"Y/N? Corey? Are you ready for that interview?" The interviewer asked.
"Yes." We replied at the same time.
She led you to a filming room. "Okay, take a seat on that couch." She pointed.
"Welcome back everyone, here I have with me two very talented amazing people Y/N and Corey Seager!" She smiles.
"So tell us, how did you two meet?" She asks.
"You want to tell them?" You ask.
"Sure." He laughs taking the microphone from me. "I got called up by the Dodgers saying that they needed me immediately. I didn't know where to go, I was staying in a hotel at the time but they were getting annoyed at the fact that I had already been there two weeks. Joc told me about his girlfriend's best friend which happens to be Y/N. He said that she'd probably let me stay at her apartment since his girlfriend had moved out. Y/N agreed and we instantly became good friends."
"Y/N you must be a friend that people can count on."
"I would say she is." He smiles at.
"Are you two seeing anyone at the moment? Are you seeing each other?" The interviewer asked.
"We aren't together. I'm single." You say blushing. "
"I'm single as well." Corey says.
What? I thought he had Madisyn.
"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know." The interview apologized. "You two would make a great couple."
"Me? With him? No thanks, I'll pass." You try adding some humor.
Deep down inside you know you would definitely not pass up dating Corey.
"Sadly that's all we have time for today. Thanks for stopping by Y/N and Corey. Have a great rest of your day." The interview is about to end.
"Thanks for having us and thanks to Corey for accepting my invitation to be in this interview."
"Why'd you lie about being single?" I ask him after we walk about of the interview.
"Because I am single. Madisyn and I broke up. Plus I realized something yesterday. He pauses. "I love someone else."
You look down. Out of all people you know it's not you.
"Who is it?" You ask.
"You." He looked into your eyes and put his arms around your waist. You both leaned in. Soon enough you lips touched. His lips were soft. You didn't want the kiss to end but of course it had to.
He smiled at you.
"But why me?" You ask butterflies erupting in your stomach from the kiss you two just shared.
"You're smart, beautiful, funny. You have an amazing smile, great personality." He smiles giving you a hug.
You finally got what you dreamed of. The possibility of becoming something more than just friends.