Second Chance

A few months passed and it was time for the wedding. Marinette was in deep sadness but Alya said everything was going to be okay! She put her hair in a bun and wore a blue dress. It wasn't too fancy since she was helping out passing out food and pastries. She is a maid after all.

She slipped on black flats, just to look decent. She shakily breathed and felt uneasy. She felt like crying but she held the tears. Her palms started to sweat but her nervousness was interrupted by her mother. "Hey honey! Ready to go?". Marinette plastered a fake smile and nodded. "Oh Marinette... I'm sorry that you both didn't work out...", her mother spoke. Marinette replied with a sniff, "it's okay... I knew things wouldn't go as I planned".

Sabine smiled at her daughter, "don't give up hope honey, if y'all were ment to be, things will turn out just fine". Marinette nodded and gave a small smile, "y-yeah I guess your right", she sighed. "Well let's get going! You do want to go right? Sweetie it's fine if you don't", her mother added. "N-No it's fine... I have to help with the servings and stuff", Marinette said. "Oh ok", Sabine smiled, "then c'mon chop chop! This wedding cake won't get there by itself, now will it?". Marinette said between giggles, "I guess not".

Her mother let out a small laugh, but only to be interrupted by Tom. "Hello my two beautiful young ladies". Marinette and Sabine smiled, "ready to go Tom?". Marinettes father nodded and they all set to Adrien and Chloes wedding along with the special cake. Once they arrived Marinette set the cake on a round pretty decorated table, with the help of her father of course. (The wedding was outside)

"Well... All set! Mari, are you okay? If not then I could-", "no papa", Marinette cut off her father. "I'm fine", she lied. Her dad nodded and walked off to an area were all the chefs and cooks were supposed to go. Alya and Nino came over smiling. "Hey girl!", she said.

"Oh hey... Why are you smiling?", Mari asked. "You know this is the end of Adrien and I... Right?". Alya grinned and spoke, "that is quite the opposite my best friend!". "Alya... What did you do?", Marinette asked in a concerned voice.

"Well... Me and Nino got the Priest to leave!", Alya said. "Yeah and hopefully the Kings won't notice", Nino smiled big. Marinette squealed and hugged them both. "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!". Alya gave a cheaky smile, "anything for my best friend! And of course for my favorite couple!".

"Actually your favorite couple is both of you two!", Mari pointed out. Alya and Nino blushed but they slowly nodded in agreement. Marinette just laughed. Suddenly trumpets sounded and everyone was seated. While Marinette and her friends were waiting in the dine area next to the main Royal garden. Adrien was waiting under an arch of vines with yellow roses. He waited by himself there at the front and looked a little anxious.

Meanwhile King Bourgeois was with Chloe taking to her to not be nervous. Then a butler came to them and spoke calmly, "unfortunately we would have to slow down the wedding... It seems like the priest isn't here!". Chloe shrieked, "what?! No! This wedding will NOT slow down! I'm going down that isle! Daddy you be the priest just say the whole accepting stuff".

King Bourgeois patted his sweaty forehead with a little handkerchief and linked his arm with his daughters. The trumpets sounded and everyone stood up to look at the bride walk down the isle. Chloe dragged her father down the isle because she was most eager to marry Adrien.

"Alya", Marinette whispered to her friend, "I thought you got rid of the priest". "I did!", Alya whisper-shouted. Nino nodded in agreement. "Oh dear...", she said anxiously, my life is over! King Bourgeois stood in front of them while Chloe and Adrien were just facing each other.

"Ahem!", started King Bourgeois, "Today we are here to ce-". "Daddy! Just say the I do's part!", Chloe hissed. "Oh alright! Prince A-Adrien Agreste do you, accept princess Chloe Bourgeois as your queen and wife?". "I do." Adrien said.

Marinette held herself and tried hard not to cry. She trembled at the thoughts crept through her mind, he doesn't love you anymore. He never did. He loves Chloe. Get over him. You lost him, and you'll never get him back. I'm such a coward for this...

Alya knew Marinette was hurting inside so she gave her friend a tight hug. Marinette quietly sobbed to not cause a scene. "Princess Chl-", "I do!", Chloe interrupted with a squeal. "Now", King Bourgeois nervously laughed, "I now announce you husband and wife". Chloe squealed and kissed Adrien. He kissed back.

All the guests clapped and cheered while Marinette was in her sad little world, "It's over Alya... He's married now... And... And... And I'm never getting him back!", she cried. Alya frowned, "girl... I'm so sorry... If I could, I would reverse time and I would make sure you two are together". "Me too", Mari whispered, "me too".

Nino just shook his head in disappointment, he really thought her and Adrien were ment to be. He knew Chloe was Adriens only friend back then when they were kids but it was just absurd to think they are getting married!

Once the ceremony was over the maids and butlers served the foods and pastries. Marinette was near the big long table with an empty round tray that was before, filled with wedding foods.

Marinette sighed in defeat and left the tray in the table. She quickly left to her home and talk to her kwami about her love life problems...

A/N: Haii again! I finally came up with a chappie. Sorry if it was sucky😞 Well gtg and I'll try to update soon!