Ⅰ.Ⅰ

→ "you don't think I'm a complete sociopath, right?"

The small hum of the elevator kept me distracted as I fumbled with my keys. I was seriously doing this, seriously. Nothing was going to stop me from doing this. The door rolled open and I walked up to my apartment door, fitting the key inside. 

"ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING THOUGH WITH THIS?!" It was Nissi.

I placed my keys in the dish by the hallway, and rounded the corner to the kitchen. There she was, making eggs and bacon at two in the afternoon.

"Nissi, it's not for long. Just until January." I could tel she was concerned, I had told her everything about my life. 

"That' like four months dude." She moves the bacon around in the pan, bringing the smell up and around the apartment.

"It's two months and a week, tops." I huffed out and grabbed the water bottle sitting next to me, taking a swig.

"And your gonna be totally fine? Like really?" My roommate is asking these questions for another reason, and I'm gonna find out.

I pick myself up from my seat, and walk up to her, which makes her stop cooking and look at me.

"Yes, so why are you really asking? Come on, tell me." I don't like pleading, but I'll do i for Nissi.

She rolls her eyes, and turn her back on me. This wasn't something she liked to talk about. Feelings. This might be the most bonding moment we ever had. 

"I feel like, your my moral compass. And with you gone I- I don't know what I'm gonna do." As I was about to greet her with a hug, she interjects. "Don't hug me, this isn't a moment."

I suppress a small chuckle, and walk back over to my seat. "You can call me whenever you want, I'll always answer."

"Okay, you werido. Go get packed, or I'm bolting the doors, and your never leaving." And there she was, back to the old Nissi in a jiffy.

It was going to be hard, for me and Nissi. I was going back home to handle some things that my parents can't. I mean they can, but they asked me to handle it. I'm also staying until holidays are up, so I'm not wasting money for travels. It was hard enough living in Brooklyn, which was turning into a city of it's own.  

I shuffled to my room, and brought out my large pink suitcase and my two duffle bags. I saved money on the suitcase, it was a gift from my sister Rosalie. She's a 'travel blogger', and she can go anywhere she wants with 'company money'. I look up to her, I do. It's just we already have a traveler in the family, we need something else. 

I got out of high school, since the end of June. I'm enrolled into NYU, and i'm starting late. Like January late. So this time off won't affect me as much. But it will affect Nissi, who's already started school. She's been giving me her notes to hold onto every time she passes a test.And here I am getting off topic. What was I talking about?

Oh, I'm getting packed to go to my family home in rainy Seattle. Where all my family will be. Let's list them off shall we?

Rosalie • average B student • travels the world • probably will not be there

Iris • Top of her grade (11th) • rainbows and sunshine • will definitely be there

Kurt • In sixth grade • loves star wars • most likely eating a popsicle, in his room.

Rosalie, being the oldest. Then me, Iris and Kurt. I think I'm the middle child, although I share that position with Iris. I've shared everything with her, clothes, shoes, even a bed at one point. Anyways, that's my family. I almost excluded someone !

Nissi • Maintains a high af average • sulks after finishing a show • will be in Brooklyn

What was I saying? Oh, I wasn't saying anything, just packing. It was Seattle, and all my clothes here are for this weather. I can bring almost all of it, and leave some for Nissi. She loves to take my clothes. It gets annoying when I have to do laundry and she won't confess. 

I spent about an hour packing, before stacking my bags by the door. Nissi was on the couch, plugged into some podcast. She listens to podcasts on her own time, I like to nap. I didn't leave till tonight, when she'll be long gone. I'll be taking the grey hound home for two days. 

I know Nissi said that I was like her moral compass, but that implies that I have no fun. Or I do have fun, but it's limited to things that aren't really fun to anyone else. I mean, okay that could be true, but it's not.

It is.

I hope, that when I go back home I don't get sucked back into their ways. I almost didn't come to New York, because my mom didn't want me gone, and Kurt said he didn't like bothering Iris. And because Dad. But that's not important right now what's important is-

"Are you spacing out? Stop doing that, or you won't go." Nissi's voice rang form the couch, guess the podcast is over.

"I'm going, just thinking. Really really hard." I was saying this more to myself, than Nissi. 

"You still have a couple hours, relax. Go make yourself something." She slipped the headphones back on her head, and I took her advice.

I dragged myself to the kitchen, straight to the fridge. We had white castle mini burgers, or day old pizza. There was also my ice cream, strawberry. My stomach already knew what I was going to do, before my head. I reached in for the organic Ice cream, and set it on the counter.

I fished a spoon out of the drawer, and dogged that small carton. 

While I was eating my feelings I joined Nissi on the couch. And somewhere in between watching re-runs of Silent Library, and eating that ice cream, I was passed out. I woke up with my full body on the couch, tv volume low, and the carton was no where to be found.

Even a day before I leave, Nissi was taking care of me.