Ⅳ.Ⅲ

→"In which, I read fan fiction and my cannon couple is defying the rules."

☎SATURDAY 3:45

I was laying in bed, texting Pacer, when Rosalie and Kurt came strolling through the door. That was weird the oldest and the youngest kid. Well, not the youngest because of Carina. But Kurt didn't know that just yet.

"Anna! I just found out why Kurt had a record! He keeps on putting gum under seat and chairs!" She exaggeratedly gasped and faked a faint. Kurt only laughed at this and went on with his day and left my room.

"So, I may have let mom know that we know about Sonia and Carina." I slip out, I was guilty. I didn't know if Rose told me that in confidence or if we were going to use it against her to make her own up to the truth.

"Anna!" She shouted at me, but she didn't seem that mad. "fine."

"And there's something else that she's hiding, I know it." I disclosed to her, as Iris came walking into my room.

What was my room some sort of living room now?

"I was going through dad's tapes and theres four of them for all of us. Want to come and hear it?" She asked the both of us, and Rose only ran up t her and jumped on top of her. I joined them on their way down the steps to the garage. Kurt was ahead of us and speeding down the steps.

It was a weird place. We used to keep out car there, when dad was still here. And we'd hang out there sometimes. But now the place seemed silent and dead. It used to be one of my favorite places in the whole house.

I followed them to the garage and there it was. His old tape player was on and running. He'd make us mix-tapes even though he could just load all of the songs up on an iPod. But I guess he was going to stick with the tapes. 

My eyes glossed over the tape that had my name on it. I moved to pick it up in my hands and it seemed so new to me. I never knew he did this, made tapes for everyone of us kids. I just thought he didn't have enough time to do smoothing like that.

He was always working or taking care of us.

Iris poped hers into the player and stood back and listened.

The first song that played was 'Firework' by Katy Perry. A smile spread to her face, and she tapped her foot to the song.

"I wanna hear mine!" Kurt shouted at her and she took her tape out and put his in.

the first song that was on his mix was 'Goodlife' by Onerepublic.

Kurt instantly started jumping around the garage, causing the dust that settled to start flying around everywhere. Rosalie starts coughing up a storm, alerting everyone that she wanted to hear her tape. Kurt stopped dancing and motioned her to the player.

She put her tape in fast and waited anxiously for her song to start up.

suddenly, the song started. She smiled as, 'Pocket of Sunshine' by Natasha Bedingfield. 

It was a flashback to that movie 'Easy-A'. Rose started singing along to every word, Kurt was jumping around also. But I don't think it's because he found the song catchy, it was because of that candy he had lying around the house. Iris had her tape in her hand and was smiling down at it.

Was I next? Maybe-

Before I could get my moment to shine, Aidan came down the steps and interrupted our family time. After all he was just a midlife crisis. He needed to love someone else, he doesn't love my mom. I know it.

"Your mom is cooking dinner, can you all come up and be a family for a moment?" He asked rudely, and we all managed to let out a collective sigh and stop playing the music. Kurt packed up the tapes and Iris and Rosalie headed to the kitchen. 

'Come up and be a family for a moment' who the hell was he to speak to us that way! He had no right to be in this house in the first place. I'm not changing for dinner either. I'm staying in this damn onesie. He can eat my shorts.

I walked to the kitchen myself and saw Iris and Rosalie just walking away from mom. Kurt came zooming past me too, and just zoomed straight to his room. Maybe she felt like none of us were on her side.

But there aren't supposed to be sides. We say favorite a lot in this family, but we all love each other equally. 

She stopped mixing something in a pan and took a look at me, before Aidan came over to her side and shot out a snarky remark.

"Are you gonna wear that to dinner tonight?" He asked me, oh he was asking for it. I was gonna go off on him, just not now. Not while she's happy with him.

"Yup, I make my own decisions would you believe that?" I asked him back, my tone laced in sarcasm. I smirked at him and walked out of that awkward conversation and into the next.

Well, I mean I walked up the steps and back to my room and took out my phone and texted Pacer. That conversation. I left him on delivered for like, it was 4:20. Jeez.

Sorry, family things.

It's okay. You need me?

To come over?

No. Do you need me?

Oh. 

No, I'll call if something happens.

Okay, later. good luck.

Thanks.

I put the phone down on my bed and looked at myself in the mirror. This onesie really complimented my eyes!