Ⅳ.Ⅳ

→"You can't take the breadsticks, you live here! Where are you going?"

☎SATURDAY 4:52

All the kids were sitting around the table. The smell of food was really good right now. She was probably making something good. Like pasta! Oooooo

Kurt is playing with the knives, don't ask me why. Rosalie is as anxious as me, waiting for some sort of reveal, Mom wasn't done with the secrets yet. And Iris, was on her phone, smiling and chuckling.

"Talking to Aaron? What's he saying, you his little good girl?" I asked her and she just laughed even more,

"Who's Aaron? What about Eli?" Rosalie asked us, but I just shook my head.

"It's actually Eli, and he and I talked it out. And we forgave each other." She smiled again, and went back to texting Eli.

Rosalie looked at me wildly confused, "Aaron?" She mouthed at me. I nodded my head and said 'boyfriend' back. She got even more confused, and I just shrugged my shoulders. I didn't understand her decisions but hey, if she was happy.

It was like a bell went off every time I said happy, because soon as I said it mom and Aidan came in with the food. Which led Iris and Kurt to stop what they were doing and go into the kitchen and grab the small plates of food that were still left. They came back and placed everything on the table.

It was pasta, with chicken breast. And there were some vegetables on a plate, and some mashed potatoes in a bowl. I was about ready to dig in when Aidan just had to say something.

"Since it's so close to the holidays, lets say what we're thankful for. I'll start off, I'm thankful for Claire and all the love she has in her heart." He announces and it makes everyone of us wish that he wasn't here. "kurt?"

"I'm thankful for the years I had with Vine, and it's amazing memes and treasures." Kurt jokes, but Aidan clears his throat as a signal to be serious. I wish he would do that again, I'll tell him off. A kid can't joke? "Uh- I'm thankful for family." Kurt put a fake smile on his face and then looked to Iris.

"I'm thankful for my friends, and my boyfriend, and my brother and my sisters and my mother." Iris said dryly, picking up her phone once again and not giving off any emotion. Wow. Talk about sass. 

Next was Rosalie, "I'm thankful for my mother, my sisters and my baby brother. My job, my friends, co-workers, the janitor at my office, the mailman, you know. And I'm thankful for my father, who without I wouldn't be here right now." She says in one sentence all while looking at Aidan with a resting bitch face. Wow. Double wow, wow wow.

She then looks at me, and I'm silent. I can't compete with any of that. "Why are we saying thanks when were so close to christmas? Let's just skip and eat. Dig in." I concluded, and everyone let out a sigh. What were they expecting? Even more sassiness.

No thanks. I just want the truth and to be a family again.

I put my spoon into the mashed potatoes, and scooped some into my plate. Everyone was passing around the pasta, and the vegetables, I was an adult and if I don't wanna eat my greens I don't have to.

Rosalie even passed them to me, and I gave her a crazy look. Hell no.

The dinner was silent from there, we just ate in silence and no secret telling. The minutes winded down and I was don with my plate. Meanwhile Kurt had finished his second plate. Iris still had her greens on her plate, like I said no one likes vegetables. And Rosalie's plate was spotless. holy guacamole.

And it was as if, the world threw us another curveball. The doorbell rung out, I thought I told Pacer to not come over? I looked around the table and it looked like no on was expecting anyone, so I got up and answered the door.

When I opened it I was even more shocked. 

It was Sonia and Carina. Hand in hand and they had their bags with them. We-

What the hell?

"Hi, we are having dinner, what are you guys doing?" I questioned Sonia, while Carina looked around the front yard. Her hair was brown, and her skin color not like dad's. She had his eyes though, color and shape.

"Your mom called, said we could spend a few nights here. Can we come i-" She started saying but I cut her off.

"Sure, sure! You can leave the bags in the living room, com grab some grub." I invited them into the dinning room. Why would mom call them here? Was this her trying to tell the truth.

As I walked them in everyone's face changed. Well, except Iris and Kurt. They didn't know who they were to us yet. They just flashed a smile to the both of the girls. Aidan looked pissed!

Score!

I walked past them, into the kitchen and back into the garage to get two extra chairs so they could sit. I had to bring the chairs one by one, and the supposed man of the house Aidan didn't help at all. Rosalie helped me.

I got them their seats and they loaded up their plates. They didn't want to talk about anything. Well, Sonia didn't Carina was too busy mixing up the mashed potatoes with the gravy.

I looked at mom, who seemed to be struggling with the words to find. Aidan was at her side, glaring at Sonia. He needs a chill pill, in fact multiple pills.

"Iris, Kurt can you take Sonia to your room. We have to talk about something important." She asked of them, Iris seemed to understand that when the time was right she'd tell her and Kurt was just glad to get out of the room.

They left in a hurry, all the way up the steps and to her room. I even heard Iris say she's gonna play some music. Bless her heart.

And then the real conversation started.

"I don't want you anywhere near this house, you need to take that child and go!" Aidan shouted at Sonia, and that's when Rosalie went on defense mode.

"She is family, and your not! So how about you go? I'm sick of you and your petty comments and your hate towards my father!" She screamed right back, raising out of her seat.

This was bound to go somewhere.