Ⅲ.Ⅰ

→ "Where do you get weed in Seattle, I'm asking for a friend."

After mother's little lash out on dad, I went to my room. I wasn't greeted with Kurt, but with Dippy. She was sound asleep under my covers, and I joined her. That's how it was back home. She somehow had these superpowers that signaled her when to come over and wait up for me. 

I wasn't too keen on talking about it the next morning, but she suspected something. And so my morning started with Dippy sneaking downstairs and getting me cereal and giving it to me back in my room. I wasn't stepping foot out there, until I knew she wasn't there.

Neither Kurt or Iris came into my room. Or Rose, they were just not existent. Why was that? Were they fighting with mom before too? Maybe we're all just avoiding her. 

A knock alerts me someone is at the door, and Dippy gets up to answer it while I get under the sheets. I was cowardly, I know.

"It's Rose." Dippy told me, and I emerged from the covers.

Rose was shaking in her boots. I mean literally shaking, and a little wet from the rain outside. She looked like she'd seen ghost or something. She whispered something to Dippy, and then my friend made her way out of my room.

"Rose?" I ask gently, maybe she was going through something and she wanted my help?

"Anna, can you come to the bathroom with me? And bring a towel and clothes." She commanded and I followed orders. She was my older sister, if I didn't want to get tackled and bear hugged I was going to do what she wanted.

I got up from the bed, and ran to my dresser, grabbing the towel below mine and a shirt and sweats. She opened the door and I followed her to the bathroom.

She turned the lights on, and walked right up to the shower and turned it on.

"What are we doing?" I asked her, she was getting me antsy. We don't shower with each other, haven't done so since we were babies. So what's happening right now?

She passed me and closed the door behind us and locked it too. Then she turned to face me, "Anna, there's something mom's keeping from us." She answers quickly, like we were in some sort of trouble.

"Well, whatever it is, she's keeping it sealed. I tried talking to her last night and she raged on me." I voiced my concern for her, and Rose started thinking to herself. What was she thinking?

"I think it's something to do with dad," She starts off and takes a seat on the toilet. She's got her thinking face on real hard and she's tapping her foot to some weird beat. "I heard from Kurt that she drinks sometimes, and cries, but it's only when she looks at dad's photos. And Iris said that she started hearing it more since a month ago."

"You think he's coming back? Why would she keep that fro-" My words get cut short when we both hear Iris's voice form the other side of the door.

"I need to take a bad piss! Hurry up! Let me in!" She shouted, and I looked over to Rose. She nodded her head in approval and I opened the door wide enough to pull my baby sister inside.

"Woah! Are you guys having girl talk? Does one of you have an STI? Because Karla had one last week." She blurted out, what went on in her life? STI? At least she was getting sex ed, that's good.

"No, it's nothing. Just talking about adult stuff. You had to take a pee?" Rose asks her and gets off the toilet to make way for Iris.

"Are you two gonna watch me take a leak? Leave! Go!" She hissed at us, and I stumbled out of the bathroom while Rose walked ever so gracefully on her way out. Yeah, we're not the same.

Rose darted off somewhere before we could finish out conversation, so I went to downstairs to snoop around. Kurt wasn't around, and I wanted to know why. And I haven't seen mother either. And also, I might just want a snack.

I put the peddle to the medal and speed down the steps. I walk lazily all the way to the kitchen and I'm greeted with Pacer. He was digging through our fridge, and at an alarming rate too. Most of the stuff that was in there was on the counter.

"Are you a raccoon? Why are you going through our food?" I ask him and he stops in his tracks. He then faces me and flashes me a smile.

Who let him- Iris.

What was he doing? What does he want?

"Uh- I just might be a little on the high side, and I came over to see how you were doing, and stuff." He admits to me and I'm shocked. Pacer? High? He was like the poster child for goodness. He was gonna be a doctor, he smiles like almost everyday.

"So, you've got the munchies, and you came to my house to cure it. And to see me, of course." I shrugged nonchalantly, and made my way over to him. He had both his hands on the sides of the fridge, and he was standing like an old lady! This was one for the book folks.

He nodded his head to say yes. Had to admit, this has to be the funniest situation I've ever been in. Besides the whole beer thing back in Brooklyn. 

Pacer stopped on his search for food and looked straight at me with no warning. I furrowed my brows, I didn't want to know what was going on in his head right now. He was probably off of it.

"Your so pretty, I'm gonna call you pretty. Is there anything else to eat here, pretty?" He asked me, a huge smile on his face this time. He was was even blushing like a little boy, Dr.smiles everyone.

"There's chips in the pantry, Dr.smiles." I answered him back and he made his way over to chip land. He opened the doors to the pantry and held a look of happiness on his face. "Happy?"

"Very much, pretty."